The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shipping & Fulfillment Issues

201 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trajector
Trajector's picture

Mezike wrote:

Those levels of British Ire in full:Patient understandingPossibly concernedMildly disappointedSlightly aggrievedA bit annoyedSomewhat irkedConsidering mentioning somethingComposing a strongly worded missive (that will never be sent)Full scale land invasion

Where do all those "DEAR SIR" letters depicted in Monty Python's Flying Circus fall on this scale, though?
TheSoundOfTrees

Well. As I don't have any land troops right now, it seems I am at the "tea" stage. Being french, it means a lot.

I hope GtG will find someone more reliable than Fedex for OblivAeon.

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Whilst from Derbyshire originally, I currently live in Liverpool (called the Frozen North by some people I know) where 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEE' is used to indicate extreme displeasure. Or signify the intent to say something. Or to say hi. Or for anything really.

I don't know where that would fall on our traditional scale of displeasure though.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Depends how many h's are involved. "Ehh." is friendly. Once it gets to "Eeeehhhhhhhhhh" we're getting towards mild annoyance and if it breaks the line we're at "strong letter to the Times of London" stage, i think.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Jared.Vanderford wrote:
So I pre-ordered Villans from GTG in November.  Since I wasn't sure about when things would ship and the pre-order said they'd be held until the last item was ready to ship, I didn't pre-order the mini expansions and oversized villian cards at the time.  I wanted to do it during the winter sale, but they were out of stock the whole time, so I ended up pre-ordering through an online retailer I bought most of my SOTM games from.  That order was placed on January 6th, and I just got my package from them, while I'm still seeing no update from the GTG store on having shipped my Villians box.

This seems really messed up to me, that your direct customers are getting their packages shipped after distributors have both received their orders and managed to get them to their customers.  Is there any way to either check on my pre-order or cancel it if it hasn't shipped yet?  

I just wanted to make sure this post didn't get lost in discussion of British displeasure. Can I ask what continent you're on? If you're in the US or Canada, you should definitely have received your order by now, and if you haven't you should contact GtG. If you're in Europe, all the packages are being held up in customs for some unfathomable reason, contrary to what FedEx promised. In either case, the store apparently doesn't have updated order status for technical reasons.
Jared.Vanderford

dpt wrote:

I just wanted to make sure this post didn't get lost in discussion of British displeasure. Can I ask what continent you're on? If you're in the US or Canada, you should definitely have received your order by now, and if you haven't you should contact GtG. If you're in Europe, all the packages are being held up in customs for some unfathomable reason, contrary to what FedEx promised. In either case, the store apparently doesn't have updated order status for technical reasons.

I live in the US.  Indianapolis, home of Gencon.  I can understand the store not updating (kind of) but it's the whole got my pre-order from another company before my pre-order from the creators that got on my nerves.  Who should I contact at GTG and how?

Also the fact that it's on Amazon Prime right now for less than I paid :(

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Jared.Vanderford wrote:
 I live in the US.  Indianapolis, home of Gencon.  I can understand the store not updating (kind of) but it's the whole got my pre-order from another company before my pre-order from the creators that got on my nerves.  Who should I contact at GTG and how?
I would try one of or . Include your order number.

Quote:
Also the fact that it's on Amazon Prime right now for less than I paid :(
Just to make you feel better, you will be getting a set of promos.
Comrade Bubbles

pwatson1974 wrote:

Depends how many h's are involved. "Ehh." is friendly. Once it gets to "Eeeehhhhhhhhhh" we're getting towards mild annoyance and if it breaks the line we're at "strong letter to the Times of London" stage, i think.

To my untrained ear, there are no h's. It might just be the Scouse accent though :p It's all aspirated.

Jared.Vanderford

dpt wrote:

I would try one of contact@greaterthangames.com or paul@greaterthangames.com. Include your order number.

Just to make you feel better, you will be getting a set of promos.

Thanks for the info, I contacted them.  

Promos are neat and all but I'd rather have gotten the game before I could have gotten it through normal channels at a cheaper price *shrug*

Jared.Vanderford

Based on Paul's response to my e-mail, looks like there was an error and they hadn't shipped my package.  Sucks but he was really cool with his answer and fast on getting me the refund.  Just hard to value those promos at almost $15 plus waiting past Wednesday.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So i work for fed ex, as a courier. (Shhh)

Its not too bad. Its not to great. UPS isn't much better, from what my customers tell me (many of them prefer FedEx). Internationally I can only imagine.

When it comes down to it? All of them are the same. DHL (what little it still does), FedEx, UPS, International Air Mail, whatever - they are all surprisingly good, when you consider the small fact that for my terminal alone (one of two in the city) we easily go through 30,000 boxes a day. Thats one terminal, in one city, in the US. FedEx has terminals in every major city in the country, and internationally. Millions upon millions of boxes a day. I deliver 150-250 boxes a day, in what is basically box that is about 25miles on a side. I pick up another 100 or so (more during the month between thanksgiving and christmas!) 

When you consider those numbers, 99% successful service rate... still leaves hundreds of thousands of boxes that didn't get delivered properly. The terminals strive for (i think) 99.5 or something. It might even be 99.8 (I don't know, i'm not in that side of the business) and even such things as 'I got to the business and they were closed today, unexpectedly' hurt that number. 

So, while it sucks that you didn't get your package ( and I totally feel for you - i really do, even I, in the business of shipping on the personal end, dealing with people who missed their box yesterday - don't like it when my box doesn't show up on friday and I have to wait even till monday. Waiting weeks cause of a customs delay where some S.O.B. forgot to send the paperwork... I'd be british levels of annoyance too!) please do realize that it doesn't really matter what company GtG ships with. They all could have had the same thing happen to them, and even with a 99.9% success rate, thats still hundreds of thousands of boxes that don't get properly delivered a day. 

GtG prefers FedEx because of past experiences. Is this experience enough to make them switch services? Maybe. But no matter what service they use, someone somewhere is going to be unhappy. Something is going to go wrong somewhere. Some box is going to get crushed in the conveyor belts and not sent on. Some frieght truck with a couple hundred of them is going to get in an accident and everything catches fire. Some crate is going to get stuck in customs. It sucks, but its the facts.

I just wanted to write that out, not in defense of FedEx (Lord knows I have my issues with what little i deal with every day) but in defense of the realities of the shipping industry, especially in this day and age of Amazon Prime, every big site offering free shipping, and huge precentages of everyday shopping moving to online. Take it as you will!

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Jared.Vanderford wrote:

I live in the US. 

Small consolation, perhaps, but if you'd like to get together to play a game using my copy, let me know.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Mezike
Mezike's picture

arenson9 wrote:

Jared.Vanderford wrote:
 I live in the US. 

Small consolation, perhaps, but if you'd like to get together to play a game using my copy, let me know.

That offer is valid for anywhere in the US by the way. Andy has a bus pass and likes to ride the asphalt.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

He has is own Mobile Defense Platform.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Annoyus
Annoyus's picture

I appreciate this isn't GTG's fault, but after the third week in a row where I've told the my mates VOTM isn't going to be here for our gaming night and following on from the WOTC debacle, their name is pretty much mud here as far as preorders / buying direct goes.

"It must not be denied but I am a plain dealing villain...if I had my mouth, i would bite; if I had my liberty, i would do my liking. In the meantime, let me be that I am and seek not to alter me"

Annoyus
Annoyus's picture

... And I've just had a notification from FedEx - parcel due tomorrow. Words eaten.

"It must not be denied but I am a plain dealing villain...if I had my mouth, i would bite; if I had my liberty, i would do my liking. In the meantime, let me be that I am and seek not to alter me"

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Yep, released here as well!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Ire level now reduced to "having a nice cup of tea in front of the telly".

MightySi
MightySi's picture

I have also received the notification.  Fingers crossed it actually makes it here!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Helpfully I already had a cup of tea in hand when I read this. Huzzah!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Julia
Playtester

Oh man, hope that 'by 12pm' really means 'by 12pm'. 

It's not even that I'm impatient or anything (I'm way too chill for that), it's just that I have a plane to catch at 2.

Semper ludens.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Thank goodness the land invasion was averted.

cass13mania

dpt wrote:

...For now. Whether it remains that way depends on Fedex

TheSoundOfTrees

Well, let's hope I'll have good news too in the coming days - recruitment of my land invasion troops is still going on.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

As an Englishman I always have plans drawn up to invade France. If this happens again with the next expansion...

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Julia
Playtester

Well, in my case at least, 'Parcel will be delivered Wednesday by 12' has become 'Will be delivered Thursday by 12'. Trying to get them to hold it for another week is actually surprisingly difficult, given the fact that they already managed to get it delayed for half a month without me doing anything.

Semper ludens.

Comrade Bubbles

Just received my order. Everything seems to be there. Thanks, GTG.

TheSoundOfTrees

Just received it too. Time for a cup of tea cofee

Annoyus
Annoyus's picture

Mine has arrived also - the turnaround from customs releasing the pacakges to them arriving on doorsteps has been like lightning. No wonder GTG were frustrated.

Everything looks pretty glorious, I can see our US chums have been getting excited!

soul31

We got the parcel after all this waiting but... Not the right one X_x. We got two copies of the wrath the cosmos, but we pre ordered (long ago) two copies of the villains of the multiverse with all the additional goodies.

What the citizen hack and citizen slash?!

We are at loss now, what the hack we should do now?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Supposedly, there is something weird going in the playtester section of the rulebook.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Received the order.  Thank you!  :)

Mezike
Mezike's picture

soul31 wrote:

I suggest casting a level 1 "Summon Craig" spell.

MightySi
MightySi's picture

Mine has just turned up all present and correct.

i know what Im doing this evening! :D

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Mezike wrote:
soul31 wrote:

I suggest casting a level 1 "Summon Craig" spell.

The spell had an unexpected interaction with the aether between planes and ended up summoning a Citizen Jodie. ;-)

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Katsue
Katsue's picture

My box has turned up. All looks well so far.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I am so relieved that they finally released it!

If anyone doesn't get their package this week in the EU, or if you get the wrong stuff, or if someone tries to get you to pay for delivery*, send me an email!

*We had this happen once with this shipping method, which was the result of a driver acting illegally. He was fired.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Order has arrived and appears complete. However, I did not receive yet another copy of Tactics I didn't order. You're slipping, >G. :-)

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@pwatson1974

I'll try to make sure we include another copy of Tactics you didn't order with your next order :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Paul wrote:

@pwatson1974I'll try to make sure we include another copy of Tactics you didn't order with your next order :)

Hey, can I have a copy of Tactics I didn't order with an order I didn't order?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Can I get fries with that?

Bas

Received the Villains package yesterday at 12:00:21. Everything appears to be in order and looks really nice! Thanks!

morph147

Did Paul ever comment on why some of us who payed for home delivery had our villians show up as smart post?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

He did in a reply to me through email but I don't know if I'm at liberty to give his explanation.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I will reply here!

It seems there was a bug in our exporting software that occurred because SmartPost wasn't an option for shipping when the bulk of the order were placed, so there was an ID mis-match when it was added later.

morph147

Paul wrote:

I will reply here!It seems there was a bug in our exporting software that occurred because SmartPost wasn't an option for shipping when the bulk of the order were placed, so there was an ID mis-match when it was added later.

Sounds good. Was curious about that.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

d_j_blackwell

I am in the US and did the original preorder for Villians of the Multiverse and the Oversize cards. When should I start to worry about my package arriving?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I would send an email to and contact@greaterthangames now.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@d j blackwell

Right now! Though don't actually worry - if you email me I'll be able to straighten it out :)

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

I know this thread is about shipping issues, but here's an example of GtG's shipping solutions.

Late last year I ordered copies of four decks (Ra, KNYFE, Baron Blade, and the MDP) that I use for testing purposes and which naturally show more wear and tear than the rest of the decks.

Package arrived within 10 days, even though they had already received Villains and were in the midst of prepping and even starting to ship it out.

Only one little glitch. No MDP deck. So I sent off an email at lunchtime. By that evening I had received not one, but two emails to let me know they were taking care of it. And four business days later the MDP landed on my desk.

I should have popped in here and said something immediately, but work, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyway, thanks guys! Great job!

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Pages