The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Redirection Misdirection

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester
Redirection Misdirection

I'm curious what combos people are pulling off to unlock this one, mine was:

Ambuscade -> Tachyon -> (Synaptic Interruption) -> Stealth Bot -> (Lead From the Front) -> Legacy -> (Stealth Bot) -> Stealth Bot -> (Smoke Bombs) -> Tachyon -> (Synaptic Interruption) -> Ambuscade

This is by far my favorite achievement, it was fun to both think through how to do it and then to go about pulling it off.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

We did Ambuscade to Tachyon -> (Synaptic Interruption) -> Nightmist -> (Amulet) -> Raptor Bot -> (Smoke Bombs) -> Tachyon -> (Synaptic Interruption) -> Legacy -> (Stealth Bot) -> Stealth Bot -> Legacy (Lead from the Front), so we actually had 1 more than we needed.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

This is perfect! What was the environment? Or does it not matter?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

It doesn't technically matter, but if there are things that deal damage to lowest HP, that can help by making the first redirection via smoke bombs "free".

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

drengnikrafe

Neither lead from the front nor smoke bombs redirect damage from environment targets. It'll almost certainly have to be damage from a villain target that gets redirected. Any environment that doesn't harass your ongoings or equipment is fine, though you could make a case for Wagner Mars Base so the meteor swarm gives you all the time in the world to set up.

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

This is why I chose Ambuscade and The Block. Neither one messes with your stuff, and The Block just fights with itself most of the time.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

The easiest way I found requires Baron Blade, Visionary, and Tachyon. Tachyon must be the lowest hero target, and Baron Blade must have Twist the Ether played on him. Get out all three Synaptic Interruptions, both Elemental Redistributors, and then get Blade to play Slash and Burn.

Baron Blade attacks -> Twist the Ether (fire; not a redirect, but necessary)-> Synaptic Interruption -> Elemental Redistributor-> Synaptic Interruption -> Elemental Redistributor-> Synaptic Interruption

When I did this, I also used Lead From the Front to add an extra sixth layer on.

wite_c83
wite_c83's picture

I've tried this twice and every time it screws up at the  Legacy -> (Stealth Bot) portion. I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm just missing something but instead of redirecting the damage to Legacy it just deals 3 projectial damage to Legacy. I got around this by allowing to redirect to Stealth Bot, then Legacy can Lead from the Front. It was realy weird because it even said it would redirect to Stealth Bot but it just didn't.

New player, please help.