The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Preordering the expansion?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester
Preordering the expansion?

Will there be a chance to pre-order the expansion along with Spirit Island? I'm getting copies through Kickstarter, but would like to also recommend the preorder to folks. Has the pricing for the expansion been decided?

Thanks for whatever you can tell me!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Thanks! But I still only see the base game listed there? Do I need to wait for the store to update or something?

EDIT: Or maybe you're saying that the $49.95 gets the base Spirit Island game + the events expansion, contra to what the description says?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Just wanted to flag this bit from the Q&A today with Christopher:

Quote:
grysqrl: Is the Spirit Island expansion going to be available for pre-order? Looks like just the base game right now.

GTGChristopher: @Grysqrl Good question! I'll poke Paul about it.

GTGChristopher: We'll be putting up the Spirit Island expansion soonish!

Full (& awesome) Q&A here: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/q-a-during-adam-draws-friday-8323

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

I might have missed it being said somewhere, but how long will it be up for pre-order?  Might be a few weeks before I know if I can fit this into my budget.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Again from the Q&A:

Quote:
morph1470: @Gtgchristopher how long do we have to preorder spirit island and still get the promos? need to scrounge up some money still
GTGChristopher: According to Paul the longest we can run it is through the end of February.
GTGChristopher: The Tactics Mini sale is ending February 16th.

morph147

ya my wife informed me i have to choose one, preorder spirit island or kickstart oblivAeon. Guess I am backing OblivAeon and will just have to get spirit island later.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

morph147 wrote:
ya my wife informed me i have to choose one, preorder spirit island or kickstart oblivAeon. Guess I am backing OblivAeon and will just have to get spirit island later.
Tough decision there!
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

The Spirit Island expansions is now up for preorder on the web store for those of you who are interested! I tried to put it up Friday but we crashed the website...

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:
The Spirit Island expansions is now up for preorder on the web store for those of you who are interested! I tried to put it up Friday but we crashed the website...
Fantastic! Great name, too.
Chromium_Man

Sorry but I'm a little out of the loop.  I backed Spirit Island on KS. Is the expansion stuff that I'm already receiving as a backer or is it new stuff? (I assume the former.)

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

If you backed the Kickstarter than you will be receiving the expansion already.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

That's right. This expansion just lets people that pre-order now get the main things that came with the Kickstarter.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Chromium Man

Yes, if you backed on KS you are definitely already getting the expansion for free!

Cherryghost

Am I too late for pre-ordering the game + expansion? It says it's out of stock.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Yes, you are. You now need to wait until it actually comes out.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

So branch and claw is the name for the expansion? Cool. Bark and Bite would have also been a good name

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto