The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Whose Tim Cosing?

2013 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

People are going to wake up tomorrow and wonder what happened.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

DocBrown wrote:

Are those screens specific cards? For reference:https://greaterthangames.com/system/files/forum/attachments/image.png Edit: The middle screen is "Retcon" from guise deck

Here are the cards I see:

Middle screen: Retcon - Guise

Left, bottom screen: Don't Dismiss Anything - The Scholar

Left, Top Screen: Eye on the Prize - Chrono Ranger

Small screen at the bottom: Fixed point - Time Cataclysm

The far right one: Reveal the Flaws - Parse (Good catch, DocBrown)

Faded screen to the far right: Between the Lines - Parse (again)

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I so hate that this is happening when so many of us don't have Villains yet.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

The CapCos one is Parse - Reveal the Flaws

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

DocBrown wrote:

The CapCos one is Parse - Reveal the Flaws

Okay, I'll add it to my list

-Shigeru Miyamoto

morph147

Still not convinced 124185 matters, why are we saying to follow it down this path

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

The right white screen is legacy holding something back

NEVERMIND Its haka

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

DocBrown wrote:

The right white screen is legacy holding something back NEVERMIND Its haka

Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's Parse's card "Between the Lines"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

You are correct

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Welp. I gotta go to sleep now. So you guys will be in charge of the list. I think what we have right now is a pretty solid start

-Shigeru Miyamoto

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

Also going to bed. We just need the top three cards.... 

CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

As my last act before going to (as I just realized what time it was)

Top Right: Progeny - Beginning of the End (Fitting)

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

Julia
Playtester

As someone on EU time...

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED LAST NIGHT???

Also, top left: Progeny, Scion of Blight

Semper ludens.

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Cool things happened. Being on EU time does suck for keeping up with things like this.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Julia
Playtester

Oh, and the middle upper image thing there is: Miss Information- "Diplomatic" Envoy.

Semper ludens.

mackcrockett

So Scion of Blight, Diplomatic Envoy, Beginning of the End, Eye on the Prize, Retcon, Between the Lines, Don't Dismiss Anything, Fixed Point, Reveal the Flaws?

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

mackcrockett wrote:

So Scion of Blight, Diplomatic Envoy, Beginning of the End, Eye on the Prize, Retcon, Between the Lines, Don't Dismiss Anything, Fixed Point, Reveal the Flaws? 

Hmm, that seems like one too many for this particular ARG...

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

bluedarky wrote:
mackcrockett wrote:

Hmm, that seems like one too many for this particular ARG...

Hmm? I count 9.
dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:
*disco*So, I know very little about QR codes. Is that string of numbers in Andy's links above potentially something important or do all QR codes have that?

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/replaceme?_ga=1.236... (manual)

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/replaceme?_ga=1.163... (video game intervene screen)

I don't get those strings of numbers, and I don't know where they game from in Andy's text. The QR code can encode a string, and the string encoded in the QR code from TimCosing's twitter account is "https://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/replaceme" according to http://blog.qr4.nl/Online-QR-Code_decoder.aspx (which I just picked randomly from Google). Does anyone else get those numbers?

Has anyone replicated the "three mega computers in megalopolis"? Does the same thing happen?

BTW, the playtesters normally get a copy of the manual to proofread. We didn't for Villains of the Multiverse. Sneaky bastards...

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

I wonder if the letters of Intervene being different colors means anything?  Almost looks like they're all differrent fonts that belong on different character cards.

I swear I've seen those fonts or at least those specific font colors somewhere. At least the last "n" and "e" look familiar to me for some reason.  Maybe each letter matches up with a card somewhere?  It's hard to tell since the image is so small.  Is there a bigger version of that image anywhere? lol

Then again I haven't really looked through all the cards in a while.  It may just be wishful thinking.  But at least it's an idea, right?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The number is coming from the code of the "its coming" page. Everyline is the same with the 5th having that comment mysteriously in there.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I isolated the actual bar code from http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/genocidal , and none of the on-line bar code readers recognized the format. Eg, I tried this one: http://online-barcode-reader.com/ . It happily recognized where the bar code was (even on the original image without isolation), but didn't recognize the format.

Note that "982354617" is a permutation of the digits from 1 to 9, which sounds like instructions for the order to look at the images. But that didn't give anything sensible. (There are not enough vowels in those card names to get anything sensible from an anagram.)

Bunker is eating "Flavor chips" at http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/982354617 . Maybe we should be looking at the flavor text of those cards?

(How did people recognize the card from that tiny "intervene" image? Did someone redo the challenge on a computer with a larger screen to get a bigger image?)

Aar, I need to go do some work...

Kratos13

I added a slightly higher resolution screenshot to my post in

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/intervene-8225

Wow, so cool!

Sorry, I jumped the gun!  I realize playing three Mega Computers in Megalopolis is not a useful thing to do, but honestly, Wraith really had no other cards to play that game!

mackcrockett

I wish we had a bigger version of that picture, too. I'm not sure on Scion of Blight. I'm looking at that image and the card side by side and I can't see it,  but I also don't have a better idea (it looks to me like a leaf, which is no help yet.)

Edit: okay, now I see it (I hadn't seen the better resolution one yet.) 

Julia
Playtester

I just took out the 9 cards in the screen picture and organised them accordingly.

Here are the card's flavour texts:

1. Scion of Blight- "Damn! *koff koff* We gotta takes this thing out before it kills everyone!" - Expatriette, Freedom Five #763

2. "Diplomatic" Envoy- "We have got to work on Amina's communication skills..." - Tachyon, Administrative Assassin #4

3.Beginning of the End- "We're too late. It's already in Megalopolis. And I don't think we can stop it."- The Wraith, Freedom Five #767

4. Eye on the Prize- "You may take this moment to reconsider. I'll give you that much." - Chrono-Ranger, Draw!

5. Retcon- "Good point, my friend and fellow Hero the Wraith! We are a good team!" - Guise, The Best Book #1

6. Between the lines- "Good! Now, five centimeters to the left... perfect. Hit it." - Parse, Freedom Five #607

7. Don't Dismiss Anything- "What I want to find is the truth. What are you looking for?" - The Scholar, Emigrant's Song #2

8. Fixed Points- "This event must occur in every reality across time," Omintron-X posited. The Visionary just hung her head. Not one Vanessa Long could be safe.

9. Reveal the Flaws- "There! Run to the center! It's now or never!"- Parse, Freedom Five Annual #29

I thought there was maybe something in the issue numbers, but I didn't come up with anything yet. The cards do work as a story, though, except, as usual, I don't know what Guise is doing there...

Semper ludens.

RySmith6
RySmith6's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

Julia wrote:

The cards do work as a story, though, except, as usual, I don't know what Guise is doing there...

Did the same thing, I have Grappling Hook out, just in case, it also helps me fill the large space that screen has proportional to the others...

"But dice are dice, and Dice are Fickle"

Internet Pseudonyms: PseudonymTwitch, PseudonymTweetr, PseudonymGamer

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

The Parse quote from #9 is from the annual found at the ..../genocidal URL concerning Progeny.
Also, is it just me or all of the decks associated with those cards from characters/environments who have contact with time/space phenomenon? I.e. Parse 'experiences' the cosmic entity that reboots Omnitron.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

mackcrockett

Not sure that's much in this game, post Shattered, pretty much everyone has contact with time or space shenanigans

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Also, don't forget, TimCosing is an anagram for Moist Cig!
So, something about moist cigarettes? This HAS to mean something...

I'm done for now...  lol

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And the title of the thread is WTC!

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

could the colours of the screens be important?

Scion of Blight, Between the Lines and Diplomatic Envoy are White
Beginning of the End, Retcon and Reveal the Flaws are Purple
Don't Dismiss Anything and Eye on the Prize are Orange
and Fixed Point is Blue.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Are those the colors of the crystals?

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Having pulled out my copy of tactics I can say that the crystal colours are

Black/White?
Orange
Green
Purple
Red
Blue

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

maybe the color of intervene are linked to the color of the screnes some way

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The page numbers in the Votm rulebook are all different colors. If we look up the matching number from the colors of the word intervene, what I'd the resulting number?

I have to go to work ...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

also, the comic image is named 716453289, while the genocidal was named genocidal, so that may be relevent

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kitmehsu wrote:
also, the comic image is named 716453289, while the genocidal was named genocidal, so that may be relevent
That's the reverse of the number in the URL. Should we be reversing something?
dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:
The page numbers in the Votm rulebook are all different colors. If we look up the matching number from the colors of the word intervene, what I'd the resulting number?
It would be great if someone can scan the rulebook. I won't be able to do it until the afternoon.
Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

WHAT DID I WAKE UP TO?!?!?!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Pydro wrote:

People are going to wake up tomorrow and wonder what happened.

That is where I'm at.   This thread was still on the first page when I went to sleep.   Trying to catchup now.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

That's exactly how I feel, and I was hoping you would show up in this thread. Get to work ;).

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

I assume you will figure it out pretty quick, but just to put it here clues have been left that are leading to pages of a new comic about Progeny.

mackcrockett

Assuming the I is brown on intervene, the resulting code using the page numbers doesn't seem to work forward or backward 171241976 or 679142171

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The /genocidal image mentions all of the issues that are presumably in this story arc:

Prime Wardens 36-40
Dark Watch 4-6
Freedom Five 763-767
Freedom Five Annual 29

Has anyone figured out which cards have flavor text from these issues?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Animus wrote:

Foote wrote:

That's exactly how I feel, and I was hoping you would show up in this thread. Get to work ;).

I WANT TO SO BADLY!

This is not something I can do while at work though. Hopefully all ya'll smarty-pantses leave some detective work for me. This is too good to not be a part of. Gimmi about 8 hours and I'll be on the case.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Hey guys!!! Tim Cosing is an anagram for "It's Coming"!!!

oh... I see you got a bit farther than that while I was out...

riff.freelance
riff.freelance's picture

I thought i linke this last night, but obviously did not as I was tired. Full size screen cap of "Intervene" image grabbed last night at around 2 am.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh5ld7n7fmgm1u0/intervene.PNG?dl=0

Hope that helps with the sizing thing.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Im looking now and will edit this post a few times:

Freedom Five Annual 29 - Overdo It (KNYFE) , Reveal the Flaws (Parse), Elemental Outburst (Progeny), Scion of the Storm (Progeny), and Time of Tribulations (Progeny)

Prime Wardens 36-40 - Dynamic Siphon(Progeny), Scion of Flame(Progeny),  The Inevitable(Progeny)

Dark Watch 4-6 - No comics list Dark Watch from what is in the spoiler spreadsheet

Freedom Five 763-767 - Beginning of the End(Progeny), Hour of Reckoning (Progeny), Obvious Futility(Progeny), Scion of Blight(Progeny), Scion of Frost(Progeny)

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Another suggestion before I head to work: the Intervene screen showed up in the video game in a battle in Megalopolis. I tried it a couple of times and found that it's necessary for Megalopolis to be the environment for Intervene to appear. The story description on /genocidal talks about various battles with different teams in different places. I recommend for people playing the video game to focus on those combos to increase the odds of finding other clues.

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:

Another suggestion before I head to work: the Intervene screen showed up in the video game in a battle in Megalopolis. I tried it a couple of times and found that it's necessary for Megalopolis to be the environment for Intervene to appear. The story description on /genocidal talks about various battles with different teams in different places. I recommend for people playing the video game to focus on those combos to increase the odds of finding other clues.

So, Rook City and Tomb of Anubis?

Pages