The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shipping & Fulfillment Issues

201 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
Shipping & Fulfillment Issues

There have been a number of complaints/questions about shipping in various threads on the forum, so I wanted to provide updates/answers to the comments I have seen, as well as provide a single place for people to comment (and me to check) if they have shipping issues. As you might imagine, everyone here is much busier than normal, so this will help to take something off of Craig's plate. In no particular order:

• Web store orders are now, and have been since mid-December, being processed in the normal way (i.e., they are being printed and shipped in the morning of the next business day after the orders are placed, and the order status is updating in the web store). If you placed a web store order for promo cards (or anything else) in the last month, the shipping status has not updated, and you have not received your order, please send me an email with your order number at paul@greaterthangames.com and let me know what is going on.
  • Web store orders placed during the Holiday Promo Sale prior to mid-December have all shipped, but their status and tracking information has not been and will not be updated. Unfortunately, given the way in which our web store is written, when we receive a large number of orders, we can either process them as efficiently as possible and never update the status, or take three times as long to process them while updating the status. This is something that I really wish were fixed, but we do not have the resources to do so in the short to medium term.  If you placed a web store order for promo cards (or anything else) in the last month, the shipping status has not updated, and you have not received your order, please send me an email with your order number at paul@greaterthangames.com and let me know what is going on.
  • Villains of the Multiverse is now in the process of being shipped. We have everyone working on the ship-out as fast as possible. and my very rough guess right now is that everything will be shipped out in three weeks.
  • For the EU, all of your orders will be shipped out on the same day (probably in approximately 1-2 weeks), and, if past experience is any guide, will take approximately 1 week to arrive. You will definitely not pay any VAT/import/etc fees on delivery.
  • Copies of Villains of the Multiverse will not start heading to North American distributors until after all North American preorders have shipped, and will not start heading to EU distributors until all EU preorders have shipped.
  • Because Battle for Broken City has been delayed longer than expected, people who bundled Villains of the Multiverse with Battle for Broken City will have their Villains of the Multiverse portion of the order shipped once the rest of the Villains of the Multiverse preorder has shipped.

I hope that answers the majority of the questions, but if you have any others on this topic, please post them here!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the info Paul.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

morph147

Thanks Paul for the updates. You guys are the best. I also wanted to say hope you all stayed safe during all that flooding in St. Louis in the past week

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

CapeAndMask
Playtester

Thank you for the information.  I hope to get my copy of Villians/Oversided before a Saturday get together, but it does not look hopeful.  frown

Cape and Mask

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

I'll add my voice to the 'Thanks' comments. I know that bulk orders like these take a lot of time to complete so the updates (certainly) for me, are appreciated when there's time to give them.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

What about stuff that came on the same boat as Villains but isn't Villains?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

jediunter12
jediunter12's picture
Playtester

I've sent an email to you guys to get my delivery address changed for my preorders for tactics and the oversized villain cards before they ship. i haven't got a response for that. I would like to know if it will be changed before the oversized villain cards are shipped.

Edit: Paul fixed everything thank you so much you guys are great.

sloansdad

I received my copy of VotM on the 2nd.
While the artwork and promo alts (Naturalist, Sentinels, Scholar, ChronoRanger) were in the box, the other preorder goodies (bonus villain & environment decks) were not.

Are these shipped separate, or am I out of luck?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Pydro

All of that other stuff is lumped in with the VotM ship-out, so it is on the same schedule.

@Sloansdad

That was almost certainly a shipping error on our part, which will will remedy asap! Send me an email with your order number and the details and I'll take care of you.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:

Because Battle for Broken City has been delayed longer than expected, people who bundled Villains of the Multiverse with Battle for Broken City will have their Villains of the Multiverse portion of the order shipped once the rest of the Villains of the Multiverse preorder has shipped.I hope that answers the majority of the questions, but if you have any others on this topic, please post them here!

That's very generous of you.  Now I wish I hadn't paid extra for separate shipping waves.

Thanks for the update.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Estelindis

You'll still get VotM 3-4 weeks sooner than if you hadn't, which is about the delay we advertised during the preorder.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:

@EstelindisYou'll still get VotM 3-4 weeks sooner than if you hadn't, which is about the delay we advertised during the preorder.

Paul, I must've missed the part of the preorder where it said that paying for multiple shipping waves would only save 3-4 weeks compared to paying for a single one.  That might've been because I initially only paid for one shipping wave, so I wasn't heeding details like those.

(When preordering Villains for me and my friends, and one copy of Broken City for me, I asked if my Tactics stuff from the Kickstarter could be further delayed to combine shipping with Villains, keeping my single shipping wave from the preorder for Broken City.  My request wasn't refused until five months after I made it, and only after I sent a message reminding GtG that I'd asked.  At that stage, in August, not wanting to make my friends wait what I expected to be months until Broken City was released before they got Villains, I paid for an extra shipping wave.  But I had no idea it would only mean a difference of 3-4 weeks.  I think they could've waited an extra few weeks for the sake of saving me $40.  If I'd been making my decision during the preorder, I mightn't have missed that information.  It's hard to think how I could've handled this any worse or wasted more shipping money than I did.)

jfreston
Playtester

Hi, is there any way to verify which address mine is being shipped to? I sent in a change of address a month or so back, but I never got confirmation of it. Or maybe a tracking number so I know when to go to my old house and bug them about it? Thanks! 

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@jfreston

Send me your current, correct address and I can check.

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

@Estelindis, I think the 3-4 weeks is the time it will take for them to ship the copies of VotM that were ordered with Tactics stuff and have been separated, rather than Broken City coming out in 3-4 weeks. If I'm reading everything right, were they not to separate the orders like this, it would still take months for the VotM stuff to be shipped.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Veebeebee

jfreston wrote:

Hi, is there any way to verify which address mine is being shipped to? I sent in a change of address a month or so back, but I never got confirmation of it. Or maybe a tracking number so I know when to go to my old house and bug them about it? Thanks! 

I have the same issue, actually.

twelveohone

Hello!

Thank you for the update! I had a question about shipping however. I paid for FedEx Home Delivery, and the shipment is showing Smartpost instead. Is there a way to correct this or possibly get a refund for the difference?

jfreston
Playtester

@Paul

I just got a tracking number, which I'm assuming was you working some magic, and it looks like it's the correct address! Thanks so much! 

brettwo

@Paul

I also just got a tracking number, but it's for the wrong address.  Is there any way this can be fixed at this point?  I'm happy to do whatever is needed, but if the package shows up at my old address, I'm fairly certain I'll never see it.  Let me know what I can do to help get things corrected.

Thanks!

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Paul wrote:

Copies of Villains of the Multiverse will not start heading to North American distributors until after all North American preorders have shipped, and will not start heading to EU distributors until all EU preorders have shipped.

Does this include stores who made pre-orders or is it just for the companies who distributed your game?

Krayden006
Krayden006's picture

twelveohone wrote:

Hello!Thank you for the update! I had a question about shipping however. I paid for FedEx Home Delivery, and the shipment is showing Smartpost instead. Is there a way to correct this or possibly get a refund for the difference?

I also have two orders in which I paid for FedEx home delivery, but were shipped via smart post.  Unfortunately my local usps leaves a lot to be desired in both package handling and delivery times.  I guess we'll see what happens.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Veebeebee, @twelveohone, @brettwo

Email me with details about your order issue and I'll try to sort them out asap!

@bluedarky

That includes the stores that made pre-orders.

tracerbullet23
tracerbullet23's picture

@Paul

First of all, thanks for the update. Secondly, hope you guys weren't affected too badly by the flooding.

I just wanted to learn about how far in advance should expect to receive notification of shipment. I see a number of folks have already gotten notification, but I haven't seen anything yet and my profile shows nothing for recent orders.

Thanks in advance.

"Nay, be a Columbus to whole new worlds and continents within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought." - Heny David Thoreau

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

@tracerbullet23, a lot of the updates come from signing up with the FedEx shipping manager. I did that, for instance, and learned that my Villains set is expected this week. I didn't get an update directly from GtG (and don't expect one).

tracerbullet23
tracerbullet23's picture

Thanks for the reply. I posted that and then I received a fedex notification 30 min ago.

"Nay, be a Columbus to whole new worlds and continents within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought." - Heny David Thoreau

jajd2c

My copy of Villans of the Multiverse arrived today (with Chokepoint, the Celestial Tribunal, the promo heroes, and the art prints), but I did not receive the Oversized Villain Character Cards I had also preordered, nor did I have a packing slip in the package.

jediunter12
jediunter12's picture
Playtester

jajd2c wrote:

My copy of Villans of the Multiverse arrived today (with Chokepoint, the Celestial Tribunal, the promo heroes, and the art prints), but I did not receive the Oversized Villain Character Cards I had also preordered, nor did I have a packing slip in the package.

where both items on the same order? or seperate

jajd2c

jediunter12 wrote:

jajd2c wrote:

where both items on the same order? or seperate

They were on the same order. I went back and double-checked my confirmation email from last January to make sure.

SSJ3Godzilla
Playtester

Just wanted to say thanks for the info! I know you are all busy, but I appreciate the time.

Veebeebee

Paul wrote:

@Veebeebee, @twelveohone, @brettwoEmail me with details about your order issue and I'll try to sort them out asap!@bluedarkyThat includes the stores that made pre-orders.

Done, and thank you so much!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@jajd2c

Send me an email with your order number and I'll sort it out.

cass13mania

Hi,

I know it's a bit late to be asking this, but wasn't there something said about the European pre-orders being shipped first for Villains after the issues with tax-related delays for Wrath? Or am I mistaken?

itsshortstuff
Playtester

I just received my fed ex info, and sent an e-mail regarding change of address. I sent one right when it was announced that votm was shipping.

Hopefully we'll get this sorted out, i sent it to

CapeAndMask
Playtester

I just got my fed ex info, slightly annoyed it will be after the reginion game day, but still glad to be getting a date to be getting it

Cape and Mask

Powerhound_2000

As mentioned a few times I paid for FedEx Home Delivery and the notice I got from FedEx shows it was sent SmartPost.   Is there a reason why this changed?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Okay, I'm starting to get worried; still no word from FedEx. I made sure to place Broken City on a separate order, so I shouldn't be one of the ones that has to wait for the second wave, but I still have no confirmation that it's even been sent out yet.

ricky.pattillo

I also paid the increased shipping cost for FedEx Home Delivery but the shipping notice email I just received from FedEx says it is being shipped via Smart Post.  What is going on here?  If this goes out Smart Post, will I receive a refund for the difference in shipping costs?

morph147

What is difference between smart post and home delivery. I am seeing the smart post too

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

Smart Post has Fedex giving the package off to USPS for final delivery.

morph147

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Smart Post has Fedex giving the package off to USPS for final delivery.

this scares me on so many levels. Mainly because I know usps means lost packages a lot of times.

ricky.pattillo

A friend of mine that participated in the preorder and paid for Home Delivery also had his package sent via Smart Post.  Has anyone that paid for Home Delivery actually had their package sent via Home Delivery?

shammarr

Thanks, GTG Team.....

jajd2c

Paul wrote:

@jajd2cSend me an email with your order number and I'll sort it out.

I've sent my order number. Thank you for your assistance.

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

I also paid for Home Delivery, yet it shows as being shipped through Smart Post.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Just got off the phone with FedEx; mine hasn't shipped, but there is a label, and I'm also having the FedEx Home Delivery/Smart Post problem.

I went ahead and sent them an e-Mail about it, let's hope they can catch it before it leaves...

EDIT: Blast it; figures that it finally ship NOW, just after sending a message about this...

jajd2c

jajd2c wrote:

Paul wrote:
@jajd2cSend me an email with your order number and I'll sort it out.

I've sent my order number. Thank you for your assistance.

I just had another VotM shipment show up with the Oversize Villain Cards - and an email notification that my shipment had arrived. Turns out that a friend of mine had also ordered VotM & had it shipped to my address.

Please disregard my complaint. I was mistaken about which order was which.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@jajd2c

Oh, that is great to hear!

morph147

Is there a way to track the package after fedex gives it to the post office

ricky.pattillo

@morph147

Sometimes.  The USPS has a separate tracking system.  In my experience with Amazon shipments originating with UPS, after the package has been handed off to USPS, UPS's tracker will stop updating, but it will display the new USPS tracking number.

@Paul

Any update for those of us that paid for FedEx Home Delivery but are receiving packages via SmartPost?  

Darkkami

I was told to go to USPS tracking. Then add 92 infont of the FedEx Number.

Pages