The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bottom of the 9th

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Bottom of the 9th

Bottom of the 9th (un)Official Rules and Gameplay Discussion Topic

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

So, I got the game from kickstarter yesterday, and I really like it, but I had 2-ish questions about the rules.

First: When abilities give you a "Choose 2" ability, does that allow you to pick the same ability twice? At first, I would have said no, but then cards that are "Pick 2: (Red/White) would make no sense, otherwise. In that case, would a batter be able to pick their Star ability twice, given the option of "Pick 2: (Star/White/Red)

Second: Is there any order you have to follow for modifying swings? When an ability says to "set the dice to a certain value," can you then modify it with a +/-1?  I don't remember the specifics, but I remember there was one character that could throw a B6 by default to get relief. But then, as his ace pitch, if he rolled a B3-5, he could flip one of the dice to its other side. Could I then lower that to a B5, then flip the B to either a S or C, and end up with a really powerful pitch for only 1 fatigue? Is that legal?

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Maybe your answers are here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1475211/official-errata-faq

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1475723/individual-card-faq

I commented in the one for Mike to post on here but he said he would leave it up to DHMG and GtG folks

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, that pretty much covered it!

-- Trajector

waedens
Playtester

Question about speed modifiers. What does Tachyon's +1 speed get her? Does she take 2 bases? What about Haka's -1 speed? 

Powerhound_2000

It means on 4, 5, or 6 Tachyon gets to base safely when rolling off on a hit.  For Haka it means he has to roll a 6 to get on base safely when rolling off on a hit. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

waedens
Playtester

Thanks! Makes sense. Did I just miss that in the rule book or is there another source of knowledge?

Powerhound_2000

Under RUN! on page 8 in it's own box it talks about the Speed and Fielding trait.  

waedens
Playtester

Totally just missed it. Thanks again. 

Powerhound_2000

It's easy to do.   I had to review the rule book myself to make sure it was there.