The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Pre orders shipped???

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikerobinson
Pre orders shipped???

I preordered Bottom of the Ninth and all of the expansions at GenCon.  I see that Miniature Market has the game for sale now and I still have no message stating my order was shipped.  So, I could have gotten it cheaper and earlier instead of doing the Gen Con preorder.  Poor form if you ask me.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Some of the Kickstarter backers are retailers so they would receive their copies before preorders ship.   I imagine by preordering at Gencon you got access to promos you might not have otherwise obtained without going to a convention GtG happens to be at.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

mikerobinson

Any promos received at GenCon were not as a result of preordering.  I was able to get some cards from another booth that were selling them from a vending machine but that had nothing to do with the items I preordered. 

I can understand if Miniature Market was a KS backer.  Aside from that, this is not good.  Lesson learned in supporting this company this way.  I'll just wait and get everything cheaper and first.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@mikerobinson

Your preorder will be shipping this week, and you will be getting promo cards that you would not get if you preordered through Miniature Market.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Seriously, it's your call, mikerobinson, but the pre-order gets so much extra stuff I've always felt like it's well worth the wait (because a lot of resellers get in on the Kickstarters/pre-orders) and a little more money. But that's just me -- to each their own. smiley

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

So the preorders for Villains and the promos from the Christmas sale are shipping this week or just one of them?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

@UXM266, the question that started this thread was about preorders for Bottom of the Ninth. The preorders for Villains won't be shipping until the expansion arrives at GtG, which looks likely to be in January. This week it's just the promos from the Christmas sale, I believe.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Shoot. I misread the forum section. Sorry for the bad form.
Thanks for the update.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

mikerobinson

Rabit wrote:

Seriously, it's your call, mikerobinson, but the pre-order gets so much extra stuff I've always felt like it's well worth the wait (because a lot of resellers get in on the Kickstarters/pre-orders) and a little more money. But that's just me -- to each their own. smiley

What extra stuff is included?  I purchased the base game and all available extras.  I also picked up a few cards from another Gen Con booth.  What else is there?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Paul who is the Operations Director for GtG posted earlier in this thread what you get https://greaterthangames.com/comment/121117#comment-121117

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31