The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

PnP and Board setup

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roark13
Playtester
PnP and Board setup

KS backer, have been loving the print-n-play over the last week or so. I have done some 1 spirit and 2 spirit games, trying to figure who I like the best.

My first question is on the board setup. Do you always play board A for 1 player, and board B for 2 player, or is it random? I have always kept it constant, but I think it would be nice to mix it up, especially for 1-2 spirit games.

Second, are there any planned updates to the print-n-play, especially with the revealed info such as the ocean spirit or the adversaries?

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Use whichever boards you want. The order doesn't matter, and it's a way of adding variety.

I doubt that the other spirits will be added to the print n play, but it should be easy enough to grab them from the Kickstarter and print them out yourself

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I usually do random boards. The thematic boards are the only ones with fixed setups.

If you grabbed the revealed spirits and made them into a package, I suspect that GtG would be OK with you distributing them.

Roark13
Playtester

Thanks for the quick replies! I have a couple more questions:

On a build, do the invaders need to have an explorer, or can a town/city build without one? I have been requiring an explorer, but a reread of rules says differently.

Some rules mention a "settlement". Is this an old name for a town?

Also, I would love to get thunderspeaker on the board, and I was able to get everything from the gameplay video except a) where to start and b) the second choice for the voice power (slow cost zero, if invaders, 2 fear or ...). I don't want anyone in trouble, so if that is too much info that's OK.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Invaders do not need to have an explorer.

Settlement is an old name for a town.

Can't help with Thunderspeaker.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

What Arenson said.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Roark13
Playtester

That's fine, thanks guys! It is awesome how quick you guys are to answer any questions. Cant wait for the final product!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think it's awesome you went and grabbed the current version of Thunderspeaker from the videos! You can probably guess that Thunderspeaker starts out close to the Dahan. I can't help you with the effect on Voice of Thunder without permission.