The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Omnitron V scenario

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
The Omnitron V scenario

As much as I've grown to love Sentinel Tactics tournaments, I haven't actually played many of the scenarios. Last night I got a chance to square off as Omnitron V vs Unity, Tachyon, and Legacy in the first Omnitron V scenario.

In this scenario there are nine markers placed around six Megalopolis tiles. Omnitron can spend an action to place a drone in line of sight. He can also spend an action to have a drone in range one of a marker flip that marker. The second time a marker is flipped it's removed from the board. If seven are flipped before Omnitron is incapacited three times, Omnitron wins. Omnitron gets a couple extra actions on his next turn if he incapacitates a hero. When Omnitron is incapacitated, though, he loses a power card for the rest of the game.

It was fun! I decided pretty quickly that it was hardly worth my time to move Omnitron once he was positioned so he could see most of the markers. The heroes took too long to realize that my strongest card was the one that gave me an extra action each turn, so in the end I won pretty handily, though they did manage to incapacitate me twice.

There was a point fairly early on win I knocked Tachyon down to one HP. I decided to leave her there, as it neuters her ability to take advanage of her most powerful cards, which require losing a hit point.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:
There was a point fairly early on win I knocked Tachyon down to one HP. I decided to leave her there, as it neuters her ability to take advanage of her most powerful cards, which require losing a hit point.
Did the Tachyon player consider doing Pushing the Limits to incapacitate herself and get an extra turn?
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

arenson9 wrote:

Did the Tachyon player consider doing Pushing the Limits to incapacitate herself and get an extra turn?

Don't know! I was not being very nice, so didn't suggest it. It took a while for the heroes to realize that being incapacitated wasn't necessarily a big deal. Two of the three of them had only played once before, and that was six months ago.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The heroes best strategy is to focus Omni Down as fast as possible, you can't just try and stop the drones.  That strategy does make Omnitron-V move around and try to take down heroes to get bonuses and stop them from coming after you so much.

It gets really good once both groups get the basics of the scenario, unless they play the Operative.