The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Nicknames!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
Nicknames!

While impressive, the spirits of Spirit Island possess rather unwieldy names.  So the time has come to give them all nicknames!

 

Here are my proposals.  Some are terrible, some are obscure (or not) references, and some are unimaginative, but here they are:

Lightning's Swift Strike: Sparky
River Surges in Sunlight: Splashy
Vital Strength of the Earth: Rocky 
Shadows Flicker Like Flames: Plato
Ocean's Hungry Grasp: Ed
A Spread of Rampant Green: Audrey II
Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares: Boo
Thunderspeaker: Bang
Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island: The Bi-Colored-Python-Rock-Snake
Heart of the Wildfire: Bouncy 
Sharp Fangs Behind the Leaves: Mr. Chomps 
Keeper of the Forbidden Wilds: Maro
Volcano Looms on High: Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Game


"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 days ago
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Joined: Sep 14, 2013

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island: The Bi-Colored-Python-Rock-Snake

That seems just as unwieldy I think I'd just say Rock Snake


Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

 
Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Arcanist Lupus wrote:
Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island: The Bi-Colored-Python-Rock-Snake

That seems just as unwieldy I think I'd just say Rock Snake

Onix?


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 10 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

That one was my favorite, right up there with Audrey II.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 days ago
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Joined: Sep 14, 2013

Craig wrote:

 

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Arcanist Lupus wrote:
Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island: The Bi-Colored-Python-Rock-Snake

 

That seems just as unwieldy I think I'd just say Rock Snake

Onix?

even better


Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

 
Trajector
Trajector's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 days ago
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Volcano Looms on High: Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Game


Very aptly named!
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Joined: Dec 06, 2013

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

 

Craig wrote:
 Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Arcanist Lupus wrote:
Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island: The Bi-Colored-Python-Rock-Snake 

 

That seems just as unwieldy I think I'd just say Rock Snake

Onix?

even better

How about Misi?


"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Playtester
Joined: May 13, 2015

Here's mine:

Lightning's Swift Strike: Zapdos
River Surges in Sunlight: Blub Blub
Vital Strength of the Earth: Doorstop
Shadows Flicker Like Flames: Stalker
Ocean's Hungry Grasp: Wipeout
A Spread of Rampant Green: Groot
Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares: Bad Trip
Thunderspeaker: Joan
Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island: Long Snake
Heart of the Wildfire: Annie
Sharp Fangs Behind the Leaves: Kitty
Keeper of the Forbidden Wilds: Papa Nature