The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Question regarding what playtesters can and cannot reveal

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester
Question regarding what playtesters can and cannot reveal

This question is directed more at GtG. So I've been screencapping and printing out the spirit boards and unique powers for Serpent, Wildfire, and Ocean to supplement my PnP spirits. So far, only the spirit panels for Thunderspeaker and Rampant Green have been revealed by means of the two sets of videos Chris Burton made (I think I spelled your name wrong before, sorry). Is it alright if I ask a playtester what the unique power cards are for Rampant Green and Thunderspeaker? I wanted to check with GtG first, because if it is a grey area I didn't want to put any playtesters in an awkward situation.

I also decided to post this here rather than PM someone in case others were wondering the same thing. I totally understand if they cannot reveal this information, I would just like to be able to play with as many spirits as possible while I wait for the official release and the Events deck that's coming with it.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Typically everything is under the category of "things GtG get to reveal" so we tend to not say anything.  That is pretty much the standing rule from GtG to us.  We just don't say anything except things like "Spread of Rampant Green is awesome and hates lawn-mowers."  (both true)

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Yeah, if the playtesters haven't been given the go-ahead to reveal information, then they tend not to say anything. We get pretty serious about that. :-)

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

Ok, no problem.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Follow up: Does >G supply playtesters with smoke bombs, or are they instructed on how to make their own?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You bring your homemade smoke bombs to tryouts. Whether or not you get in depends on how well they perform.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Of course, if they don't work well during tryouts, well... Let's say some folks don't make it out of the first round... 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I found it also works if you just dogmatically deny you were ever there.  It looks silly, but hey, it's the internet, no one can really prove anything on here.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Christopher once gave me an official Smoke Bomb. I have been keeping it for a special occasion.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf walks into GtG booth at a convention.

"Wow Christopher, that Young Legacy Promo sure is gorgeous, can I look at it?"

"Sure Silverleaf, you are clearly trustworthy and not a ninja."

"Smoke Bomb!"

Silverleaf walks out, card in hand while Christopher is stunned by her incredible use of official GtG power.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Some playtesters reveal more than is necessary

*looks at Ronway's lack of pants*

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!