The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bottom of the 9th world series

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester
Bottom of the 9th world series

I tied for first place it was alot of fun lol you can watch me not remembering to say safe on twitch

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Cool.   How did it end in a tie for first exactly?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Congratulations, Dennis!

And it was great to meet you. :-)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Darrell
Darrell's picture
AdminGame Designer

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Cool.   How did it end in a tie for first exactly?

For the final game we had them play a full inning, starting with the 9th. That ended in a 0-0 tie, so we went to the 10th. That also ended in a 0-0 tie. So as opposed to going into the 11th, the gentlemen decided to split the victory.

On twitter: @getlouder

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

That's terrible, next year's winner will now host Gen Con.  That sounds like a reasonable solution to an unfavorable result in an exhibition intended to increase popularity of the game.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Well I rewatched the Video, and I still think I should have got my home run at my first at bat, it was a Strike 6, but I had a +1 power so I rolled a 6+1=7 Hit, but becuase I Rolled a Natural 6, I should still have gotten my smash, and I comfirmed it with another 6 for a Home run. 

But it was alot of fun, and I am still proud to be a World Champ.

I am hopeing to Defend my title next Gen-Con.

Thanks for a great game guys I can't wait to get my Kickstarter!!!!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

And it was great to meet you Rabit, Great Ra and arenson9 and Donner

morph147

cant wait to play this. hoping to get it in stores before the world series. Be a fun game to play inbetween innings with friends. Especially if my cubbies make it.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Congrats dshields! It was great to meet you as well.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

cmschex
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

That's terrible, next year's winner will now host Gen Con.  That sounds like a reasonable solution to an unfavorable result in an exhibition intended to increase popularity of the game.

This post is gold

Darrell
Darrell's picture
AdminGame Designer

dshields wrote:

Well I rewatched the Video, and I still think I should have got my home run at my first at bat, it was a Strike 6, but I had a +1 power so I rolled a 6+1=7 Hit, but becuase I Rolled a Natural 6, I should still have gotten my smash, and I comfirmed it with another 6 for a Home run.  But it was alot of fun, and I am still proud to be a World Champ.I am hopeing to Defend my title next Gen-Con. Thanks for a great game guys I can't wait to get my Kickstarter!!!!

Denis

Here's the deal with that- Mike and Chris are wrong. You can not Crush off a tied S6 roll with a natural 6. That would be a foul (being tied strikes are fouls). Now, rodney can roll up to a 7, which you did and that is why there was the run phase. Rodney's currently the only batter who can make Contact on a Strike 6 (because of that modifier). Now, if the pitcher rolled a S5, then yes- you would've totally Crushed it and then also hit the HomeRun.

Hope that clears it up. I know the game was a lot to take in with learning the game and jumping right into the tourney. Next year we are making it a requirment to have to know the game to play. Still we had a blast and hope, ultimatly, you did as well. :)

On twitter: @getlouder

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:

Congrats dshields! It was great to meet you as well.

You as well and Jeramy, and Pydro, and Daryl, and anyone else I might have missed, I had a great time.

And everyone should Buy Bottom of the 9th it is a great game

And I just saw Will's tweet of Deckbuilder LOL Hope he Shows off any of GTG games on Tabletop.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It was great to meet you too!

dshields wrote:

And I just saw Will's tweet of Deckbuilder LOL Hope he Shows off any of GTG games on Tabletop.

I think he already said that SotM won't work in that format. sad

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"