The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A Caterpillar of Silliness: A Proletariat Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester
A Caterpillar of Silliness: A Proletariat Question

So quick question about Prolo ladies and gents:

How do "Defensive Sacrifice" and "Shared Burden" interact with each other? 

As both cards trigger when two or more damage is about to be applied to Prolo, my main confusion with this lies with the order of operation. So I guess two questions: 1.) Do they both trigger? 2.) If they do who chooses which one is applied first?

Also "a Caterpillar of Silliness" is my term for this because I just imagine Proletariat popping in and out of hexes in a slow circle around his attacker.

Thanks for the considerations, fellow heroes = )

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't have the wording in front of me. Don't they each say "If X ... instead you may do Y .."?

If so, I'd think that you can choose to use one of the card's powers or the other, but not both. Even if you could use both, I don't see why you could use them each more than once.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

If you have both Defensive Sacrifice and Shared Burden equipped, and Proletariat would take 2 or more damage, both replacement effects want to be applied. Proletariat chooses which one to apply first. Then, since whichever one you chose has reduced the damage below 2, the other one no longer applies.

End result -- for each attack of 2 or more damage, you get to use one of the powers, but not both.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I thought that would be the case.  Thanks for the answer Luther.

As a side note to your main character panel image appears to be missing his duplicate ability.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Probably because he's Luther - he already has all the clones... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Ha! I never noticed that. Those images are from Playtesting proofs; I should get print proofs at some point on my pc.