The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card spoilers sheet - crowdsourcing the proofreading

140 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I also have found it off kilter

I suspect that the problem's the filter

On my phone they work right

whether noon, day, or night

But on PC they're stuck like a quitter

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Is anybody else having an issue with the database currently? When I go to the "Hero Cards" tab, I only see Guise's cards. The rows of the sheets are numbered, and for some reason rows 2-120 are missing. Similarly rows 2-352 of the Villain Cards are missing, and some similar issues in other tabs.I can see the card text by going to the "List View" (under the View menu).

I'll take a look shortly. I suspect somebody was trying to limit cards they were viewing to only those that applied to a game they were in.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Update: It looks like a filter did get stuck by one of the editors (which right now means PW, Brian Mola - who may not be on these fora, Pydro, or myself. It should be unstuck now, but somebody please let me know?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I can see... all of them.

Ha! You dare not split the thread when it's actually relevant to the discussion at hand! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, it's fixed.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Excellent.

Matchstickman, a few extra responses for you, since I was catching up on edits while I was at it:

- Not being able to run multiple layers of sorting bugs me, too. I'll have to be careful in the future, but right now getting the things not in alphabetical order back into their proper places would require a lot of inserting & deleting rows. I might be able to pull some fancy sorting shenanigans to fix it, but don't have time to try it right now.

- Omitting the quotation marks on the title cards was a deliberate decision on my part in order to help identify them as titles (thus the prefix). In theory, it's intended for people who need to use screen readers to help them out. If I end up hearing that either they don't need it or it doesn't help them, I'll consider reverting.

- In the long term, I want to consistently capitalize Hero, Villain, and Environment (along with keywords), use (H) for the H icon, and not capitalize the word damage or particular damage types. That's a project for going very slowly on. Maybe after I get to buy Villains after it gets to retail. (I'm not in a financial position to preorder it on this go-around.)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You might be able to run multiple layers of sorting with some forumulas. What were you looking for?

Also, a find and replace can make everything consistent.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

You might be able to run multiple layers of sorting with some forumulas. What were you looking for?

Also, a find and replace can make everything consistent.

deck, card name for sort order. As described above for the others.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I've somehow realized today that I didn't try to keep up with spoiled information during the preorder campaign. I've got placeholders in for myself, and will try to edit things in later tonight.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

OK... what I can put in of the leaked promo cards is in.

Looking ahead - Because the Villains of the Multiverse set will include several villains who also have stand-alone decks, I'm considering splitting the Villains and Villain Cards sheets into two sets each - one for stand-alone and one for team-style villains. Do the other people who use the spoiler sheet frequently have opinions one way or another?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Separate tabs, especially since there are some villains that are in both formats.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

One tab for standalone villains and another for team style villains would be my preference.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Glad to see we're all on the same page there. :)   I'll get it done, but it won't be soon (unless one of the other editors beats me to it).

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I just noticed that Apostate apparently posesses the "Ruins of Malediction".  I rather suspect that that should be "Runes".

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

Noticed the update to separate solo and team villains very nice. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Prep for when I can afford to buy villains. :)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Minor typo: Golem Unity's power is missing the word "deals".

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Tome of Elder Magic has the limited keyword and shouldn't

The four new promos should added too:

Santa Guise: It's Gift-Mas Time!

power1: put the top card of each hero deck face down in their play area.

power 2: one player may flip all face down cards in their play area, treating them as if they were just put in play.

Incap powers

Thanksgiving has declared war on Christmas! Each player who discards a card may draw a card.
War rages on! One hero uses a power, then turns one hero non-character card in play face-down.
Flip 1 face-down card, treating it as put into play.

TeRmi-Nation Absolute Zero: Violent Shivers:

Until the end of your next turn, increase all damage dealt by and to absolute zero by 2.

Incap Powers

One player may play 1 card now.
Destroy 1 ongoing card.
Reduce all non-cold damage by 1 until the start of your next turn.

TeRmi-Nation Bunker: Modulize:

Destroy 1 of your ongoings or equipment cards. If you do draw 1 card, play 1 card, and use a power in any order.

Incap powers

Put a deck in its trash.
One player discards 2 cards and draws 2 cards.
Destroy 1 hero ongoing or equipment card. Play the top 2 cards of that hero's deck

TeRmi-Nation Unity: Reconfigure:

Destroy a mechanical golem, then shuffle it into your deck. Move a mechanical golem from your trash into play. You may draw a card.

Incap powers

One Hero may use a power now.
Destroy 1 ongoing card.
Reduce Damage Dealt to non-character cards by 2 until the start of your next turn.

Mr.JJ

Just giving this a bump as villains is beginning to be in the hands of the people.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Yeah... the problem is that I'm not one of those people, and won't be for a while. I wasn't in a position to preorder, so I have to wait for it to hit my FLGS.

Going to stop by there to deal with some business (including this) later this week, I hope.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

As I'm starting to get some updating done in prep for getting Villains in hand, I'm beginning to wonder whether the Nemesis icon column should get split into 3 - stand-along, team, and mini. Thoughts?

(Also, I think that I have everything currently in the thread updated. I got the duplicate Villains promos from lynkfox in the mail last weekend, and will get that information into the sheet as soon as I reasonably have time.)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

As of this mornining, all of the Environments should be entered. Villain decks for Ambuscade, Miss Info, The Operative, and La Capitan are also done.

Standard notes regarding yellow backgrounds applies.

And if anybody knows the keyboard shortcuts for putting in the upside-down questions marks and exclamation points that are needed for a couple of La Cap's cards, please enlighten me.

Powerhound_2000

I don't recall the ASCII code but if you go here http://sotm.wikidot.com/villain:la-capitan I put in the card names.  

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

At 0191 and at 0161
I been using them all month

It also helps being Hispanic.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

ctsdistrict

As I'm starting to get some updating done in prep for getting Villains in hand, I'm beginning to wonder whether the Nemesis icon column should get split into 3 - stand-along, team, and mini. Thoughts?

Another option is you name each nemesis icon (probably based on the Hero name), just put that in the column, and have a separate reference sheet for nemesis icons. This doesn't give you all of the information on the Hero tab, but it could still be accessible.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Good food for thought.

In the meantime, thanks to help from several BGG/forumites, raw entry for everything from Villains is up!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Could you maybe adjust the column widths a little? In particular, for "Team Villains", one of the rules columns is too narrow. Thanks!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Could you maybe adjust the column widths a little? In particular, for "Team Villains", one of the rules columns is too narrow. Thanks!

I'll  try to mess with it soon. Leaving home shortly.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

The spreadsheet has an error on The Dreamers Roused from Slumber side.

"At the end of the Villain turn, The Dreamer deals each Non-Villain Hero Target minus 2 Psychic Damage. Then, play the top  minus 2 cards of the Villain deck."

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

For some reason, base Wraith and Rook City Wraith both turned into "Mystery Comics The Wraith".

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Freedom Six AZ's third incap power sasy "Environmental cards cannot...", that should be Environment.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I noticed "opile" in the HERO tab. You can ctrl-f for it, it's in DW Nightmist's incap powers.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:

I noticed "opile" in the HERO tab. You can ctrl-f for it, it's in DW Nightmist's incap powers.

Fixed! Thanks.

Powerhound_2000

Sleight of Hand for Ermine lists "Each player" when it should be "One player"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Geb's green hand effect is missing the crucial number "2" (as in "the 2 non-Villain targets ..."). (I don't actually have the card in front of me right now; it came up in a PBF game.)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Celestial tribunal's "Representative of Earth" says, "... next ot this card."

Submit your games here!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

There should only be one "n" in "Canister" (Compulsion Canister).

Submit your games here!

carnilius
Playtester

When will this be updated with the new decks?  Especially curious about the ones that are out in digital but not in cards in the US yet.  Thanks!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

carnilius wrote:

When will this be updated with the new decks?  Especially curious about the ones that are out in digital but not in cards in the US yet.  Thanks!

FWIW, over on the Realm of Discord server people have been working on transcribing things. So far we've got Akash's deck, Champion Studios, Fort Adamant, and Nexus of the Void complete.

There's also name & mechanics files of Stuntman, Benchmark, and the Void Guard; they just need formatting cleanup and art descriptions and flavor text to be totally done.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Carnilius - I'll start working on it after I get my copy next week. I'd much rather be able to check things like line breaks, etc. with the physical card in my hand.

But, I step back into OMG-school-is-starting mode on Aug 13, and have students beginning on Aug 15. I've got a couple of folks who have the ability to edit the sheet, and hopefully one or two of them will still feel up to helping with the task.

Pages