The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Arenson9 villain submissions

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Arenson9 villain submissions

Offered for those who may be interested.

I find myself unable to read all of the other villain submissions -- too much stuff!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Agreed. I pity Christopher the task of reading them, never mind determining which is the most awesome.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

The villain card for the Snakemen has 70 hp, but it seems to represent the Snakemen themselves rather than an actual villain you can punch, if I'm understanding it correctly.  Is the villain supposed to be the leader of the race, or something else?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:

The villain card for the Snakemen has 70 hp, but it seems to represent the Snakemen themselves rather than an actual villain you can punch, if I'm understanding it correctly.  Is the villain supposed to be the leader of the race, or something else?

Yeah, that's not as well thought out as it could be. I was thinking along the lines of having to push the snake people back to their own dimension, but never fleshed that out.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I like the idea of having a villain be an entire race of aliens along the lines of the Brood, Skrulls, etc. with a handful of champions you'd have to deal with but maybe not necessarily a single giant bad guy like Voss.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

lugaru
lugaru's picture

I saw a couple of solutions that would work... snake men could subtract form the invasions HP when defeated, or you could have a massive ship, portal or base that spits them out and needs to be defeated. I like the idea, and punching snake men in general.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

This now reminds me of the snakemen from the Conan the Barbarian cartoon, they came from another dimension or something, but to send them back you had to have Star Metal weapons.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Koga wrote:

This now reminds me of the snakemen from the Conan the Barbarian cartoon, they came from another dimension or something, but to send them back you had to have Star Metal weapons.

Star Metal, eh? I'm not familiar with the Conan the Barbarian cartoon, but I've seen Star Metal in the Order of the Stick. I wonder if that's where Rich got it from.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I only saw a few episoded of Conan, and I was really young at the time, but I believe Conan's sword was made from star metal, and was called such because it was made from the material from a fallen meteorite.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!