The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Battle for Broken City Wish List

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
logan_mann
Battle for Broken City Wish List

What are you hoping to see in Broken City, given what we know.

Broken City Tiles: I hope these aren't just a resurfaced Megalopolis (though as a core game it would still need to be entry level). I'm hoping for hazards and cover and such.

Sewer Tiles: I really hope these change it up. I'm thinking tunnes of all equal elevation, but based on the orientation some tunnels connect and some don't. I don't know what this will be but I'm sure this one will be new and different.

Dice: As a core game I would assume it has 18 more dice. I hope its dark watch colors. Yellow, Black and White. I think that would be awesome.

Scenarios: I hope its multiple books with multiple scenarios. I like skirmish but think the scenario comics are fabulous.

What do you hope to see?

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

If it has different coloured dice, I can't see them choosing white again.

Personally I'd expect the same red, white and blue as the original, since in tournaments they seem to consistently use red for attack and blue for defence. But who knows?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I always use blue dice for AZ attacks, because ice.

I hope we get either sewer tiles, or at least mechanics for them.  Rats without sewers is just wrong.

Also, speaking of rats, mutated rats as environment targets and part of plague rats scenario.  Yes please.

I want old, messed up Chrono still fighting to finish his original mission.

boxwood
Playtester

http://gfbrobot.com/2015/03/18/house-rules-106-desiging-sentinel-tactics-with-luther-and-kevin/

There might be something in there, I mostly remember them talking about how they built some characters like Zero and Tachyon.

I think they mention the tiles wont be a uniform shape to emphasize destruction.

morph147

Love the scenario books want more. Would actually love to see more scenario stories that the story line can be completed in 1 game. The 3 scenario per story makes it hard to compete for my groups sometimes. 

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Bharryn
Bharryn's picture

Does anyone have a guess as to what the last three miniatures in the Battle for Broken City/For Profit set are going to be.  The description states, "This set contains twenty-one miniatures and transparent hexagonal bases," and we know the identities of 18 of those miniatures (1. Setback, 2.  Expatriot, 3. Mr. Fixer, 4. Pinion, 5. Catastrophe & Verge (precedent, see Flames of Freedom, suggests these count a one miniature), 6. Exemplar, 7. Demon Fist, 8. Karnal, 9. Mindphyre, 10. Cyst, 11. Grudge, 12. Plague Rat, 13. Man-Grove, 14. Renegade, 15. Hippocalypse, 16. Heartbreaker, 17. Glamour, 18. Becky Blast).  My guess is that they might be bird companions for Pinion or rat minions for Plague Rat.  Another alternative might be miniatures for the promotional Operative and Ambuscade, though I consider this unlikely as those character panels are promotionals.

Thoughts?  

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I think verge and catastrophe will be tao tokens and that removing verge will cuse catastrophe to be more destructive.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Donner wrote:

I think verge and catastrophe will be tao tokens and that removing verge will cuse catastrophe to be more destructive.

That would be pretty cool!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Donner wrote:

Wow.  iphone typing is not my friend.  To translate:  I think Verge and Catastrophe will be two figures and that removing Verge will cause Catastrophe to be more destructive (very AoE, friendly fire, etc.).

cmschex
Playtester

Donner wrote:

Donner wrote:

Wow.  iphone typing is not my friend.  To translate:  I think Verge and Catastrophe will be two figures and that removing Verge will cause Catastrophe to be more destructive (very AoE, friendly fire, etc.).

I just assumed you were speculating on a possible Ghost Stories crossover

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

cmschex wrote:

Donner wrote:
 Donner wrote:

I just assumed you were speculating on a possible Ghost Stories crossover

Lol!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher did say "They will play as one" character, but I like the idea of them being separate figures. Not sure how that would work being played as one character, but I like the idea...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

morph147

logan_mann wrote:

What are you hoping to see in Broken City, given what we know.Broken City Tiles: I hope these aren't just a resurfaced Megalopolis (though as a core game it would still need to be entry level). I'm hoping for hazards and cover and such.Sewer Tiles: I really hope these change it up. I'm thinking tunnes of all equal elevation, but based on the orientation some tunnels connect and some don't. I don't know what this will be but I'm sure this one will be new and different.Dice: As a core game I would assume it has 18 more dice. I hope its dark watch colors. Yellow, Black and White. I think that would be awesome.Scenarios: I hope its multiple books with multiple scenarios. I like skirmish but think the scenario comics are fabulous.What do you hope to see?

see the sewer one was kinda like how I wanted Wagner Mars base to be done based off the little snapshot.that is why i am still not sold on the poster maps being a solid piece and not moveable tiles.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

BerkMarc

I'm super excited to see how Setback plays. He's currently my favorite character in the card game and I love his unique luck-based mechanics. I'm not clever enough to dream up how he might work but I can't wait to find out.

I'm hoping Plague Rat has some neat infection mechanic because infecting people is always fun.