The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Spiff's SotM Accessories

454 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities
Spiff's SotM Accessories

Here are the accessories I use to enhance my SotM gaming experience.  If you'd like, you can print them out and use them too.  They can be found at:

http://www.spiffworld.com/sotm

1) Card Boxes

Card boxes for all the environments, all the villains, and all the heroes for both the core set and Rook City expansions.

The Environment and Villain boxes are 1/2" deep and will fit both the thinner core set cards as well as the thicker cards that came with the expansions and the Expanded Edition, so you won't need to print new boxes if you plan on upgrading to the Expanded Edition.  However, because there are so many more cards in a hero deck, those thicker decks will require thicker boxes.  Expatriette and Mr. Fixer both already have the 3/4" boxes to accommodate their thicker cards, but once the Expanded Edition comes out, I'll update this collection to include 3/4" deep boxes that will fit all of the new, thicker hero decks.  I'll also post a separate .zip file containing the older, thinner boxes for people who are still using the original core set.

2) Card-sized Health Trackers

These hp trackers utilize a dual-spinner design and are small enough to fit in a card box along with each hero/villain's cards, making them a good, portable alternative to using dice or whatever to track hero & villain health.  Trackers for all of the heroes and villains in both the core set and Rook City are included.

3) Oversized Hero Cards/HP Trackers

These are 4x6 oversized hero cards that include an integrated hp tracker.  All the heroes from the core set and Rook City are included, as well as the Young Legacy and Rook City Wraith alternate hero versions.

4) Oversized Villain Cards + Advanced Mode Cards

These are 8x6 oversized villains card.  All villains from the core set and Rook City expansion are included.  They combine the two separate villain cards that come with each villain deck into a single, giant target for your heroes to focus on.  I've made a couple of modifications to the cards which I think are improvements:

To save room on the card, and since you don't always need the Advanced Mode rules, I've broken Advanced Modes out into their own normal-sized cards.  If you are fighting the villain's Advanced Mode, you just lay out the Advanced card and follow the rules as shown.  But if you're not fighting the Advanced Mode, the Advanced Mode text isn't on the villain card and you can completely ignore it.

I've made other small changes to the layout of the card to improve readability and flow when quickly scanning the card, including the use of an "SV" and "EV" icon to replace the verbose text "at the start of the villain turn" or "at the end of the villain turn".  This saves space on the card, improves readability, and the icons are colored to make it easy to quickly see what needs doing at what points during the villain phase.

Also, the rules on the Omnitron villain card are a little different than the ones on the normal villain card.  I incorporated a suggestion made by someone here on the forums that lets Omnitron get devices out a little bit more regularly, which makes him a bit more interesting and challenging as a villain, IMO.

5) Oversized Environment Cards

These are 8x6 cards that have a place to put the environment deck and discards (kind of like a placemat for the environment).  They aren't necessary in any way, but I think having them laid out on the table next to the villain cards gives extra color and flavor to the game.  Feel free to ignore these if you don't have the room when playing, or if you just don't think they're something you'd like to use.  All core set and Rook City environments are included.

If you find any mistakes or problems with the files, please let me know so I can correct them.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

logan_mann

This is awesome!!!  I think I'm most tempted by the big villain cards, but i've played a few times where space was already limited...I'll probably make them anyway.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Many thanks, Spiff. Greatly appreciate all the work you (and others) are putting into tools for the rest of us to consume.

And we will gladly consume them!  8)

Rabit

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

foxtrot2620
Playtester

This is amazing. You've really outdone yourself Spiff by putting this together for us.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

As promised, I've added a link in the original post to card boxes for every environment, villain, and hero.  As usual, if you see anything that needs fixing with the files, please let me know.

I've also added a link to oversized cards I use when playing to represent the environments.  They're by no means necessary to the game, but I like them.

There's one more set of files I'd like to post up, the oversized hero cards with built-in spinners that I use while playing.  I'm going to have to go through the files and simplify them before they'll be ready for outside consumption though, so stay tuned for those.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've updated the original post to include a link to the oversized hero cards with integrated hp tracker spinners that I use while playing.  That's my last group of accessories to post, so enjoy.  When Rook City comes out and I hopefully get my hands on the art from that expansion, I'll post files for all that new stuff too. :)

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Updated to add a link to the card-sized hp trackers.  When Rook City comes out, I'll include these in the set of things I update.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Original post updated to include a link to the new Rook City versions of all of these filetypes.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I noticed something when I tried putting together one of the card boxes, the top and bottom's depth is less than the sides, thus making them not able to fit correctly unless you fold past the line to make more space. Also, the Rook City Hero boxes seem a tad small, it looks like you made all card boxes the same size, while the decks in Rook City are bigger than the core set.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Spiff
Spiff's picture

1) I've printed out every one of the card boxes I've Photoshopped up, and I never noticed that the tops/bottoms of the card boxes are indeed about 1/16" smaller than the sides.  I'll update that and post a new .zip collection.  In fact, it will be a good excuse to do something I've been wanting to do for a while, which is to include the new art from the hp trackers that went out to the Kickstarters on the back of the hero boxes.

2) Before I actually got my hands on the Rook City expansion, I had posted up a .zip file containing new card boxes, because I figured that since I already had the art there was no reason to not just slap it on my card box template and share it early.  Once I actually got the cards though, I saw that their new thickness would require a thicker box, so I reworked my template for Expatriette and Mr. Fixer, and that's what's posted up currently.  I just downloaded the .zip that is posted here to double-check, and both Mr. Fixer and Expatriette do indeed use a 3/4-inch box template compared to the 1/2-inch template that all the other boxes use.

If you're seeing something else, maybe you're still pulling down the old .zip that doesn't include the full Rook City set of accessories?  You should be getting a .zip that includes card boxes, oversized hero and villain cards, etc. whereas the old .zip (which has the same filename as the new one) only had stuff I could make before I'd actually gotten the expansion.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

The card boxes have been updated.  The same links in the original post will now get you boxes with the following changes:

1) I've fixed the problem Koga pointed out, so the tops/bottoms of the boxes now match the sides.

2) I've lengthened the tuck panel so that there's now more to tuck in when the box is closed.  It was too short before and the boxes had a hard time staying closed, but now they're much better.

3) All of the hero boxes now have their new art from the Kickstarter hp trackers on the back of the boxes (so, different art front and back now).

4) While I was at it, I updated Bunker's logo, since I never really liked the one I'd given him before.

The Rook City .zip file now contains updated versions of the card boxes as well (the two Rook City hero boxes didn't need updating).

I printed out one of the boxes and put it together to make sure I'd fixed the sizing problem, and then I went through and updated every other box in a big batch.  So if you told me there was something I'd overlooked in there somewhere, I'd believe you.  However, I think everything's good to go.  If you find any further problems, please let me know.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I just made mine, and I actually used photo paper to print them on. They ended up looking quite lovely that way, and they're a bit sturdier, too.  ;D

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

WriterRyan wrote:
I just made mine, and I actually used photo paper to print them on. They ended up looking quite lovely that way, and they're a bit sturdier, too.  ;D

Same here, almost done putting them all together too. Mine get used at my game club so wanted something nice to put them in. Using Kodak photo paper with a Kodak printer so I don't need to mess with any settings. and they all fit nicely into one of my big cardboxes, just printed out a logo for SotM and put that on the big box. Plan to use my Dominion: Alchemy box once more expansions come out, just cover it up with wrapping paper and put the SotM box art on the front, unless they make a better storage solution themselves.

Card Templates

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Doesn't the photo paper get a little tacky on the photo side?  Are you worried that if two boxes touch each other, they could stick together?  I haven't printed photos in years, and maybe photo paper is much better now than I remember it being.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Doesn't seem to be tacky at all, and I think I'd be aware if it was going to be by now considering all the folding and applying pressure involved in their construction. I bought a pack of HP Everyday Photo Paper (or something like that), and it was around $11 for 50 sheets. So all said and done, the cases cost about $6, and I still have paper for more in the future.

I'll update this if they get tacky over time, but so far I think photo paper has been improved upon since you (and I) last used it.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

UPDATE: I use and enjoy the oversized hero hp trackers that I link to in the original post, but their design has always had one flaw that irritated me -- the head of the metal fastener sticks out of the back of the tracker so that when you've got a stack of the trackers, they get caught on each other and are hard to stack neatly.  I've come up with a solution though which really seems to work well.  In the new design, the metal fastener attaches the spinner to a third piece of paper which gets sandwiched between the front and back of the tracker.  This extra layer adds some stiffness to the tracker which I like, and now, the head of the metal fastener is safely tucked away inside the tracker so that stacked trackers can slide over each other in your storage box the way Jeebus intended.

I've updated the file that the original post links to, so if you're interested, you can get these new oversized hero hp trackers with the new design just by following that link.  I've also updated the Rook City .zip file so that Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, and the Alt. Wraith trackers utilize the new design as well.

Also, the Incapacitated side of the cards now show the new hero art (still in black and white), if available.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've made a couple of updates to the files.  The card-sized hp trackers have had the following changes:

1) I updated the hero trackers to include their alternative art (from the official hp trackers that came out with the Rook City Kickstarter) so that they have different art on the front and back.

2) I improved the tracker's dials.  It was always a stupid design flaw that I didn't space the numbers properly around the dial.  When counting down the ones dial, you'd go clockwise through 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... then have to walk the dial back counter-clockwise to 9, 8, 7 etc. every time  you dropped down to the next lowest tens digit.  Lame.  Now the dials have all ten digits repeated all the way around the dial so that you never have to reverse the direction you move it while counting.  You can now count down through 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, 9, 8, 7 etc. without having to reverse the direction you're moving the dial.

3) My daughter has been forever irritated with the Omnitron tracker.  There are only two dials, so it could only ever show 99 or zero, not 100 which is the amount of hp Omnitron has.  And with Akash'bhuta coming up (200 hp), that was a design problem I'd need to tackle eventually.  Rather than add a third dial, which would have made the whole thing either unusable or require that it be increased in size so that it no longer fit inside a card box, I opted to add a pull-out strip that shows "+100" to keep track of the hundreds digit.  Akash'bhuta's tracker will be able to show multiple "+100"s on her pull-out strip.  That was the least terrible idea I could come up with to manage these ultra high-hp villains.

Also, I've removed the link to the star-design hp trackers (although I still have them in case anyone cares).  I don't think that dual-star design ended up being better than the card-sized trackers, and with the advent of 100+ hp villains, it wasn't sustainable.  So I'm not planning on making any more of those for future expansions.

Lastly, I originally posted all the Rook City accessories in their own .zip file so that someone who had previously downloaded the accessories didn't need to re-download everything just to get the Rook City stuff.  I'll do that again when I post the Infernal Relics files, but Rook City has been out long enough that I decided to fold all of the Rook City files into the core set .zip files, meaning that the card boxes .zip file now contains card boxes for both the core set and Rook City.  That's easier for me to maintain whenever I make changes to the files.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I made a couple of updates to the accessories.  These include:

1) The location of the files has changed.  The original post has the correct link.  Rather than linking directly to the many individual files, I'm just going to point people at a single landing page that I can more easily keep up-to-date.

2) Updates to the oversized hero hp trackers.  I've increased the awesomeness of Bunker's and Ra's trackers by adding some camo patterns and flames, respectively.  I also updated Young Legacy's logo to actually say "Young", and have updated the rules on Rook City Wraith's tracker to follow a suggestion made by someone here on the forums which I thought was a good one.  The tracker now states that RC Wraith can reveal the top card of the environment deck and either discard it, play it, or (the new part) put it back on top of the deck.  If you don't want to play with this new rule, which seems to make her power actually useful now, then you can use the old tracker if you'd prefer.

3) Because I updated Young Legacy's logo on her oversized hero card, I also updated the logo on her card-sized hp tracker to match.  I also updated RC Wraith's logo on her small hp tracker.

4) I updated the Advanced Mode cards for the villains, though it's such a small update it's probably not worth re-printing them.  I just removed the text I had originally put on there that showed the "issue title" for each villain.  My original thinking was that as new alt versions of villains came out, you'd need to be able to tell which Advanced card went with which villain, so I added the matching issue title to do that.  But I see now that the alternate versions of villains will have their own new art too, so there's no chance you'd mistake which Advanced card went with which villain, and that issue title text is unneeded.  So I removed it.

5) I play against the Chairman and the Operative so infrequently that I had never noticed how half-assed I'd done the Operative's character card.  I updated it so that now her incapacitated side is grayed-out like all the hero's incapacitated sides are on my oversized hero cards.  Plus, I changed the color of the hp tracker spinner and fixed the interior piece that you attach it to so that it looks and works better.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

http://www.spiffworld.com/sotm/

I really like how they look, and I prefer it over my cards held together with ribbon. But before I invest in this, I would really like to know if they can fit sleeved cards.

Thanks!!!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Merged with existing thread to make it easier for folks to find the information.

Personally, I haven't used Spiff's boxes, so I'll let someone else report on that. Sorry!  :-\

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I don't sleeve my cards, so I've never checked, however it's an easy enough experiment.  Give me the dimensions of of a pile of 40, 25, and 15 cards when sleeved, and I can see if they fit their respective boxes.  Alternately, you can download the .zip file, print out a single box on regular printer paper, cut and fold it into the right shape and hold it together with simple tape, and then plop in your sleeved cards to see how it fits.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:
I don't sleeve my cards, so I've never checked, however it's an easy enough experiment.  Give me the dimensions of of a pile of 40, 25, and 15 cards when sleeved, and I can see if they fit their respective boxes.  Alternately, you can download the .zip file, print out a single box on regular printer paper, cut and fold it into the right shape and hold it together with simple tape, and then plop in your sleeved cards to see how it fits.

Note that the dimensions will differ depending on whether the cards come from the core game or the later releases.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Just played the first SotM Scenario with Dr. Wagner.  The Doc ended the game with max hit points.  Unity, Nightmist, Legacy, Tempest, and Argent Adept defeated Baron Blade before he even took his first turn on his flipped side.  V for Victory.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

ACCESSORY UPDATES!

I've posted updates to as many of my accessories as I can without actually having received any of the new cards.  As always, you can find them on my site www.spiffworld.com/sotm .  The updates include:

• Card boxes:  includes updates to the hero boxes (more space to accomodate the new thicker card stock, updated art), updates to villain boxes (new art), updates to environment boxes (new art), and all the boxes for Infernal Relics heroes/villains/environments.  A separate file containing hero boxes that fit the first edition printing is available in case you don't have the Enhanced Edition.
  • Oversized hero hp trackers: core heroes have been updated to use new art (nothing new for Tempest, sadly).  There have been some cosmetic updates to the Rook City trackers as well.  There were minor EE rules changes for Legacy, Tempest, and Wraith.  No IR heroes are available yet.
  • Card-sized hp trackers: core hero/villains updated to use new art.  No IR stuff yet.
  • Oversized environments: New art for all four core environments (the older core environments are still included as alts if you prefer them).  Includes IR environments.

I haven't finished updating the Advanced rules cards for villains yet, so the oversized villains file hasn't been changed.  I'll get to that soon.

As you can see, some Infernal Relics stuff is included in this update, but not all.  I hate the idea of posting accessories and then later finding out that the text on some cards changed last minute, causing people to lose money on paper and ink.  So I'm holding off on posting anything from IR or the Kickstarter until I can be 100% sure it's correct.

So let the downloads begin.  If you start printing now, maybe you'll be finished cutting, pasting, and assembling everything before your Kickstarter shipment finally arrives in the mail. ;)

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Started printing off card boxes and noticed you didn't update Absolute Zero's art.

Card Templates

Spiff
Spiff's picture

That's true. The updated Absolute Zero pic is less colorful than the old one, with him against a grey swirling background of snow. It's kind of bland, IMO. I went back and forth between the new and old pic and finally decided I should go with the one that looked better rather than using the new one just because it's new. I could make another version with the new art if people just loved the grey art best, but I don't know if that's the case. 

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I actually like the new art myself. There's also more contrast between him and the background in the new one.

Card Templates

Spiff
Spiff's picture

k, I'll put an option together using the new art too. 

Spiff
Spiff's picture

New files have been posted.  Each file (oversized hero hp trackers, small hp trackers, card boxes) includes both an "absolute zero" and an "absolute zero - classic art" option.  That should hopefully keep everyone in the 'verse happy.

I've also updated the villain file.  No Infernal Relics stuff yet, but the oversized villain cards have been updated to include each one's difficulty rating from the EE rules book, and the core villains have been updated with their new EE rules (no new rules for Omnitron).  Also, I've shrunk The Operative's mini-boss card down so that all the pieces fit onto one page and so it takes up less room on the table.  All of the Ennead mini-bosses will use this new format, when they come out.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've updated my site to include oversized villain cards for Cosmic Omnitron and Bomber Baron Blade.  I've also updated the oversized hero hp tracker file to include Redeemer Fanatic and Ra, Horus of Two Horizons with their correct incapacitated text.  Those two are no longer available in their own separate file.

Veet

Hey Spiff, I finaly got around to printing off a set of the card boxes and put them together. They're great now that I have them put together but there is a problem with the Ennead, since they have more cards in their deck than your average villain they don't fit into the box. I'm printing off a hero box and pasting the Ennead art over it as a temporary fix.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Wha? Nobody told me they have more cards in their deck than a normal villain (although I probably should have guessed that) and since I still don't have my damn cards yet, I wasn't able to check that they fit (sorry about the italics. calming back down...)

Well, as soon as I get my shipment, I'll check the right size and update the file. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Spiff
Spiff's picture

The button to edit posts has apparently disappeared, so I'll amend my statement here to say, "You say you're using a hero-sized box for now. Is that the actual size the Ennead's box should be, or is that not actually the optimal size either? Because if the answer is just to slap Ennead art on a hero-sized box template, I can do that pretty easily and get the file updated right away. Let me know."

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

A regular villain deck has two character cards (art/text) and 25 other cards for a total of 27.

The Ennead has nine character art cards, but only one text card, for a total of 35.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Sounds like a box sized for heroes (40 cards) is just the thing then. I'll update my file tonight. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:

Sounds like a box sized for heroes (40 cards) is just the thing then. I'll update my file tonight. 

By 40 I think you may mean 41, or possibly 42 if you're storing an alternate card, too.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Well, I only keep the 40 cards of the deck in my hero boxes since I use oversized cards, but sure.  Whatever hero box size is.

I've updated the .zip file on my site.  The Ennead card box is now the same size as a typical hero box. Please let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff, how do you store your SotM cards and related items? Is it easily transportable? I think the oversized villain cards, in particular, tend to be a challenge.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I tend to play almost exclusively at home, so my storage solution isn't particularly travel-oriented.  The few times I've had to take my kit on the road, I've transfered it to a cardboard box, to maximize durability over convenience and to minimize space.

Everything for my game is housed in a single plastic storage container I got from Target.  The cards in their boxes are arrayed on the bottom of the container standing up (so I can read the names of each box on their top ends).  This takes up about 2/3 of the container's floor space.  The remaining 1/3 is where I put the oversized hero and mini-boss cards, standing on their edges so that I can flip through them like a rolodex when I'm looking for heroes at the start of a game.

I use small colored plastic nuggets (similar to the glass beads everyone uses as markers in games, but plastic, smaller, and kind of jaggedey like a gold nugget) as markers for in-game effects.  I lay out a red one when someone gets +1 to damage, a green one when damage to them is reduced by 1, etc.  These all fit in a small plastic box about the size of a card box.  I also use a set of 10 dice to keep track of hp (villain and environment targets only since I've got the other trackers for heroes and villains), which also fit into a small plastic box about the size of a card box.

For the oversized villain cards and the oversized environment cards, each gets its own manila folder which has one edge taped shut.  This forms a kind of pocket I can slip the oversized cards into which keeps them together and protected.  Then I just lay the two manila folders on top of the card boxes.

The storage container fits onto my bookshelf with the other boardgames and works well for me.  Let me know if a pic would help make my explanation more comprehensible.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Interesting. Thanks.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've gone through the new cards to make sure that what's on my accessories is reasonably accurate, and have posted new files that contain all the Infernal Relics goodness.  I was going pretty fast, so won't be surprised if I've made a couple of mistakes.  If I have, please let me know.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Self-critiquing my new Ennead mini-boss accessories after having used them in a game finally: they take up an awful lot of table space, seeing as how each one is the size of two normal cards side by side. However, the oversized symbol on each one makes it super easy to instantly see which mini-bosses are activated whenever a card with a particular symbol goes into the trash.  IMO, I think the bonus of the easy viewing far outweighs the size issue. 

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Why is the max HP for NightMist and Argent Adept listed as "X" on the card-sized HP trackers?

I make games! Here's one of them! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/626169

BoardGameGeek interviewed me about my contribution to Shattered Timelines, Kismet! http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/17671/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shat...

Spiff
Spiff's picture

The X was a placeholder before I knew the actual numbers, and I must have missed those when I made my final pass through before posting things. I'll have them updated by tomorrow night. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've updated the file to show the correct hp for Nightmist and Argent Adept.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've updated the card list section of my Rules & Clarifications PDF to include all the new Infernal Relics decks, plus Unity and Ambuscade.  I also went back and made a few updates to older cards (like adding "dinosaur" to the Enraged T-Rex) and updated Absolute Zero's card count for those two cards which were changed for the EE.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:

I've updated the card list section of my Rules & Clarifications PDF to include all the new Infernal Relics decks, plus Unity and Ambuscade.  I also went back and made a few updates to older cards (like adding "dinosaur" to the Enraged T-Rex) and updated Absolute Zero's card count for those two cards which were changed for the EE.www.spiffworld.com/sotm

I'm not actually seeing any of the IR decks in the pdf linked from your site. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you've said. Someone on BGG was asked for a list of Nightmist's cards. I thought to look at the end of your Rules & Clarifications PDF, but don't see the new decks there.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

You're right of course, but when I tried to find the problem, I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I was staring at the updated file right there on my screen.  And no matter how many times I posted the file to my site, the link never seemed to update to the new file.

But of course, it helps if the filename is spelled correctly, and "stom rules and clarifications" doesn't work as well as "sotm rules and clarifications" does...

You should be able to get to the updated version now.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

A player contacted me today to ask why my oversized hero cards didn't use the actual incapacitated art on their backsides.  I told him the only reason was because I wasn't a huge fan of most of the incapacitated art and preferred to see the more heroic art I was using, even if it was grayed-out to indicate that the hero had been beaten.  He said he prefers to see the bloody and beaten pix when the hero had been knocked out of a fight, and since I have that art but just wasn't using it, I told him I'd be happy to make a set using the real flip side art.

I did, and I have to admit that most of them look better using that art (there are still some I'm not a fan of, but not many).  So I've updated the file on my site to the new one, since I'm guessing that most people would probably prefer to use the official art too.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I also tossed a Dark Visionary oversized card up on my site for anyone who wants to use that alt character early.  Since we don't yet know her incapacitated abilities, I'm just using Visionary's standard ones for now.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I was thinking this morning, since with the new expansion and a lot of people sleeving their cards, its going to be hard for them all to fit in the EE box - perhaps you could throw up some of the box art work to be printed off so people can use it on their other boxes they may be using to hold their cards? I have no idea of the legality, or if you have access to any of that art, but would be kind of cool

And thanks, too. Though I haven't personally printed out any of these, my buddy has and man they are a lot of fun to use.

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Pages