The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Sidekick for iPad & iPhone & Android

321 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

pyrofrog
pyrofrog's picture
Playtester

Hi MigrantP, most of the guys in my gaming group have the android version of the app, so they can't connect to each other, and the most we can ever do is my iPhone and my iPad. I have no doubt we would use it ALL THE TIME if we could connect them all together. The idea is actually very exciting. :)

Btw...love the app, and can't wait for the full game app!!!

Aaron Stark

pyrofrog wrote:

Hi MigrantP, most of the guys in my gaming group have the android version of the app, so they can't connect to each other, and the most we can ever do is my iPhone and my iPad. I have no doubt we would use it ALL THE TIME if we could connect them all together. The idea is actually very exciting. :) Btw...love the app, and can't wait for the full game app!!!

Yeah, me and my buddy  both have the app running all the time when we play, but we only just recently discovered that we can synch up, which is as amazing as it sounds.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sentinels Sidekick for Android got a major update today, version 1.5 with custom effects keyboard and downloadable artwork packs.

Details here, but the important thing is that you can now have an officially licensed picture of Cursed Acolyte on your Android tablet. 

http://handelabra.com/blog/2014/11/13/sentinels-sidekick-for-android-powers-up

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

MigrantP wrote:

Details here, but the important thing is that you can now have an officially licensed picture of Cursed Acolyte on your Android tablet.

Woo! Best news i've heard all year.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I wonder what other pictures I can get....

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

So...does this mean we can export high-resolution card artwork for everything? Like promos?

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The artwork does not export, it's for use within Sidekick only. I believe high resolution artwork for promos is available from GTG by other means however.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

An update for Sidekick iOS is now awaiting review. It has WotC support and a few cool new things. One wrinkle is that iTunes Connect (the back end for the App Store) is shut down from Dec 22 to Dec 29, and no changes can be made during that time. Depending on the shipping situation with WotC, you can expect to see the Sidekick update either before that window, or after it =)

waedens
Playtester

Will this update include the promo decks and cards like the omnitron environment? What about other promos like 6 string? I know you will get them in there, just curious if they are already primed and ready to go. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yep, it will support all of the new mini expansions and promo cards. On iOS, the artwork pack for WotC will include the 3 new mini expansions.

waedens
Playtester

Sweet!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sidekick 2.4 for iOS is now available. An Android update is in the works as well.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I noticed I can't find the "Title Deck", where is it located on the app? or is it not there because they are not considered "targets"? It's an awesome update though!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Perhaps the Title deck contains no targets so there would be nothing for the app to show?

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

yeah, that's probably it, I keep forgetting that the Sidekick is not the full game :P I blame lack of sleep, New Years worries, and eagerness to play CAPTAIN COSMIC!!!!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Andinel

I love this app! My only question is why no Team Leader Tachyon? Her other two promos are available for selection but Team Leader is surprisingly missing.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Because they've only released 4 hero promos. At the appropriate time (I'm guesssing when they release Shattered Timelines) the Freedom Six and TLT will become available for unlocking.

Andinel

I'm talking about the Sidekick app, not the video game. Heroes and villains from WotC are already there, so why not TLT?

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

She's on mine under her correct name, Freedom Six Tachyon.

Andinel

So she is. I've been looking for the wrong name. Thanks!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sentinels Sidekick for Android is now updated with Wrath of the Cosmos!

Details here: http://handelabra.com/blog/2015/1/28/2015-is-off-to-a-great-start

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

woohoo!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

woohoo!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Come on, I mean it's good news but it's not that good news.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

godzilla999666

i'm glad it updated, but will not be shouting from the roof tops till the lowest and highest include all hero targets like the sentinels or untiy robots.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Now that Villains of the Multiverse is shipping, Sentinels Sidekick versions 2.5 (iOS) and 1.7 (Android) are shipping too! The app now features support for Villains of the Multiverse, two new mini expansions, and all of the new promo cards.

On both versions:

• Villains of the Multiverse Artwork Pack is available as an upgrade option for all devices. This pack includes artwork for all heroes, villains, environments, and target cards in VotM and the 2 new mini expansions. 
  • Plus a few more fixes and small improvements here and there!

On iOS:

• ​iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users can use 3D Touch to quickly start a new game via shortcuts on the app icon.
  • Custom card creation now supports team villains, so you can add your own custom villains within the Vengeance & Villains format.
  • Improved App Thinning support so Sidekick takes up even less storage on your device than before.

As usual, the existing Artwork Packs will be updated with new promo cards where applicable. On iOS, tap "Restore Purchases" from the Tools menu to download the updates. On Android, tap "Redownload" from the Artwork Packs menu to get the updates.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

The new update crashes on startup for me. I used the "report" feature on my phone, but I figured I'd give you a heads up while browsing the forums.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Please send us a report here with as much information as you can (device, OS, store, etc): http://handelabra.com/contact/

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Ah, I see the problem. We ran into this Google Play issue on Sentinels too, I'll fix it up.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

A new build (version 1.7 build 87) is processing in Google Play now and should fix that problem. It should be available to update in an hour or two. Thanks for letting me know!

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Awesome, thanks!

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

morph147

MigrantP wrote:

Now that Villains of the Multiverse is shipping, Sentinels Sidekick versions 2.5 (iOS) and 1.7 (Android) are shipping too! The app now features support for Villains of the Multiverse, two new mini expansions, and all of the new promo cards.On both versions:Villains of the Multiverse Artwork Pack is available as an upgrade option for all devices. This pack includes artwork for all heroes, villains, environments, and target cards in VotM and the 2 new mini expansions. Plus a few more fixes and small improvements here and there!On iOS:​iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users can use 3D Touch to quickly start a new game via shortcuts on the app icon.Custom card creation now supports team villains, so you can add your own custom villains within the Vengeance & Villains format.Improved App Thinning support so Sidekick takes up even less storage on your device than before.As usual, the existing Artwork Packs will be updated with new promo cards where applicable. On iOS, tap "Restore Purchases" from the Tools menu to download the updates. On Android, tap "Redownload" from the Artwork Packs menu to get the updates. 

question: with the sentinels promos, will the ability to mix and match be added at a later date or is this pointing to we will have to pick sentinels team a or b 

also to Adam, I brought the artwork pack so I could see pretty pictures. I love all the new artwork. You did a great job. :) 

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You can mix and match in the app right now. You are free to remove and add Sentinel targets like any other hero targets.

morph147

Ok how? Normally just pick the heroes from the list.

is there a way in a future update for it to add a dummy loop to the list for a mix and match  that basically you hit it and then it runs down the 4 members of the sentinels and you can quickly select the ones you want. This option would be slightly more user friendly. 

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Tap on one you want to remove and press Remove on the menu. Then press the big "+" card button to add another.

It's possible, but unlikely that we'll spend much time implementing a special feature like that for one deck. It's not a huge problem to select one team and then remove/add the 1 or 2 you want to change.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Hey MigrantP!

Some of the artwork for various hero promos seems to be missing when I downloaded & restored the new update!

For instance: I see Prime Warden Capt Cosmic art, but not Prime Warden Fanatic. I see the Hunted Naturalist, but not Scholar of the Infinite. I have none of the Termi-Nation promo art. I can't go through all of them, but it's clear that a bunch is missing. 

Please send help.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The existing Artwork Packs will be updated with new promo cards where applicable. On iOS, tap "Restore Purchases" from the Tools menu to download the updates. On Android, tap "Redownload" from the Artwork Packs menu to get the updates.

If that doesn't help, I'll need to know more information, like what platform you're on, device, OS, etc.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

MigrantP wrote:

The existing Artwork Packs will be updated with new promo cards where applicable. On iOS, tap "Restore Purchases" from the Tools menu to download the updates. On Android, tap "Redownload" from the Artwork Packs menu to get the updates.If that doesn't help, I'll need to know more information, like what platform you're on, device, OS, etc.

Iphone 4 (yeah I know its dated, but its what I got). I have all the download packs and have "restored purchase" a few times now and am still missing some artwork

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

MigrantP wrote:
The existing Artwork Packs will be updated with new promo cards where applicable. On iOS, tap "Restore Purchases" from the Tools menu to download the updates. On Android, tap "Redownload" from the Artwork Packs menu to get the updates.If that doesn't help, I'll need to know more information, like what platform you're on, device, OS, etc.

Iphone 4 (yeah I know its dated, but its what I got). I have all the download packs and have "restored purchase" a few times now and am still missing some artwork

Heh, what a plebian! ;)

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Hmm, it could be a problem with the app thinning. Can you send us a feedback message here with as much info as you can, and we can diagnose: http://handelabra.com/contact/

morph147

MigrantP wrote:

Hmm, it could be a problem with the app thinning. Can you send us a feedback message here with as much info as you can, and we can diagnose: http://handelabra.com/contact/

this happened to me as well, however fixed itself with restore purchases

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

You know Migrant, the more I use the app after the new version the more I find wrong with it.

I can't add any minions to various villains in the app without it crashing and closing out. Makes the app fairly unusable. It is also unbearably slow responsivly to the point where if I add a hero for instance, it takes about 4-5 full seconds before the app will decide to reconize any further inputs from the user. Same applies to every action I take, even lowering health. For an app that from the looks of it should be extreamly low impact, it is slowing down and crashing with most actions. This is all on top of the artwork bug im having after having paid for the art pack (don't get me wrong, im not upset over a dollar, you all do good work and deserve it. but its more the principle of the thing).

Granted I have an iPhone 4. It's older. But it runs newer apps that are much more high impact just fine. For as bare-bones as an app that does static art + hitpoint counters goes, it's performance severly hinders its usability for me. If you do not support the phone i'm using and not optimizing it, that I'll accept that answer happily. But I'm not entirely sure why I am having such a massive issue with a product I have loved and used so much since it first came out.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Are you on iOS 7? We've gotten another report of issues on that version, and updating to a newer OS fixed it. We did not do a lot of testing on iOS 7 because it's barely used anymore. However, we're looking into the problems.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

its version 7.1.2. phone says software is up to date. Im positive upgrading to a new phone would solve the issue, but its just not in the "immediate needs" catagory.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yeah, turns out that iPhone 4 maxes out at iOS 7.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

MigrantP wrote:

Ok so the app is not tested with the 4 in mind. It's so old at this point that I don't hold that againt you guys at all, but at least I know what the issue is. Looks like I'll have to upgrade in the near future and get with the times. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We have a fix in the works and should be able to have you help verify it soon, I'll let you know on the support ticket.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

You are the man.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Foote wrote:
MigrantP wrote:

Ok so the app is not tested with the 4 in mind. It's so old at this point that I don't hold that againt you guys at all, but at least I know what the issue is. Looks like I'll have to upgrade in the near future and get with the times. 

I have a 3GS, so I'm envious of your dinosaur.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pages